1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Spector Euro 4 LX Amber w/Darkglass Tone Capsule

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by joeyoddo, Feb 27, 2018.

1. joeyoddo

joeyoddo

Aug 25, 2009
    Santa Clara, CA
    Price:
    $1500
    Strings:
    This is a beautiful, gently used Euro 4 LX. The original preamp was upgraded to a Darkglass Tone Capsule, with custom-made redwood knobs. It was ordered with black tuners and bridge, instead of the standard gold hardware. Dunlop Strap Locks have also been installed.

There are no dents, dings or scratches to speak of, with the possible exception of light scuffing - the kind you have to try really hard to see. :)
    Specs:

Neck:
    WOOD: 3pc Maple with Graphite Rods inside for additional strength
    FINGERBOARD: Rosewood, with mother of pearl Crown Inlays (R)
    NUMBER OF FRETS: 24
    SCALE LENGTH: 34"
    RADIUS: 16"
    WIDTH AT NUT: 1.64"

Body:
    WOOD: USA Quilted Maple over European Alder with a slice of Walnut between.

Hardware: Black (with the exception of knobs)
    BRIDGE: Spector zinc brass alloy locking bridge, with intonation screws
    STRING SPACING AT BRIDGE: .75"
    STRAP BUTTONS: Dunlop

Brass Nut
    Pickups and Electronics:
    NECK PICKUP: EMG P
    BRIDGE PICKUP: EMG J

ACTIVE TONE CONTROLS:

•Bass: +-12dB @70Hz
    •Mids: +-12dB @500Hz
    •Hi Mids: +-12dB 2.8kHz

From website:

"The Tone Capsule is a new, unusual take on onboard preamplifiers. It's designed to respect your instrument's natural character while expanding exponentially the tonal possibilities.

The Tone Capsule is unique in the way that it doesn't have a Treble control. The idea was Sheldon Dingwall's: he thought that making a Bass-Mid-Treble was too normal for his liking because everyone does it that way, so he suggested including a second mid control instead.

We loved the idea! Specially because the second control could be configured to operate at the higher end of the spectrum, offering all the benefits a standard Treble control (increased clarity and definition when boosting) but with a more natural, less-harsh and noiseless operation. Take the pill and discover a whole new universe of sonic possibilities."

Thanks!

(As a side note, the previous owner works at Dunlop, and during a factory visit, by a bassist with whom you may be familiar, he had this bassist sign back of the headstock. However, since this artist has a signature model with a slightly smaller neck, I will not name him, so people don't get confused and think this bass is his signature model. IT IS NOT! Thanks again!)

2 full frontal.jpg 1 closeup.jpg 6 headstock.jpg 5 knobs.jpg 4 back full.jpg 3 back closeup.jpg

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    Kevnn4 and bassbooty like this.
  2. joeyoddo

joeyoddo

Aug 25, 2009
    Santa Clara, CA
    I'm willing to sell it for less if you don't want the case. Make an offer.

Thanks!

3. Trade for a spector euro 6lx with bqc preamp and hard case?

4. joeyoddo

joeyoddo

Aug 25, 2009
    Santa Clara, CA
    Actually, I just sold my 6. I wasn’t planning on getting another one. But that sounds kind of tempting. How much of the history do you know? (Are you the original owner, or did you get it in a trade?) Can I see pics? Thanks!

5. Warfender

Warfender

Oct 25, 2009
    I have a few trade options if interested. Music Man Sterling USA near mint, Warwick Thumb Bass, or a USA Fender Jazz Mint from late 90's in natural/maple.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 5, 2020