Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Spector Euro 4 LX drooler Thread.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by barroso, Oct 15, 2004.

1. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    Post here every pics you can find on the web about the Czech made Euro 4 LX!!!

2. Robman

Robman

Mar 19, 2004
    Sherman, Texas
    Bass Guitar Magazine reviewed one in the latest issue - sweet bass. I'm digging these Euro 4 basses!

3. jivetkr

jivetkr

May 15, 2002
    NJ
    +1.

They are really nice. The one in this months bassplayer is sweet.

Can anyone comment on the tone as compared to the all maple euro basses?

4. A guy in a band I know very well uses a Euro 4 LX.

5. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Yes.

Playability and feel are identical.

Tonally, it's a bit less bright, more of a "mellow" sounding bass than the all-maple version. Very full, good definition, just a bit more "butt". Very impressive bass.

6. the Euro LX is probably the next 4 strings I'm going to buy

First pics from the Spector website[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    yummy...
    As we can see on the picture, there isn't that much of alder, the top is very thick!!!!

7. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I love the Euro, but just too pricey. I'm looking at a Bubinga Spector Legend if everything goes right soon.

8. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Larry, the angle of the photo is a wee bit deciving. The body wings are about half & half maple & alder. It's still a killer bass, very worth it.

xcentralx, I've played a few of the Legend series basses, and they're VERY good as well. Great "bang-for-the-buck" basses!

9. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio

man..that sounds like a bass that is right up my alley. I think the Spectors are among the best looking basses out there.
    Its too bad they put those darn Louisville Slugger/Warwick style necks on them.

10. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    My GAS and probably next bass is a Euro 4, not an LX though.

11. They are absolutely awesome basses, incedibly light too! Matt(the guy I know who is in an awesome local band) plays one. I went to a gig with one of my spectors(he asked me to) and we had this big bass swap and were both playing each others basses. Mine has a much fatter neck(a kinda D shape) and his is more of a shallow D shape. Kinda hard to explain.

12. I'm sure it is, when I say there wasn't that much of alder, it wasn't a reproach. I guess my english sucks...:D

Nick, are you saying that the neck of the Euro LX is more like a jazz neck compared to a P neck, in thickness? If yes, that bass is the one I want. I had a Korean Spector a few years ago, I sold it because i found the neck to be too fat for my taste whereas I loved how it sounded. This bass really looks like a "must have"...

13. The neck on the Euro seemed much slimmer....me and Matt thought they felt like 2 totally different basses.

14. nick g.

nick g. Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2003
    Chandler, Arizona
    I used to love Euros like no other, yet the last two (of three) I played felt & sounded utterly craptastic.

The Legends are extremely nice basses, the Bubinga-topped kind is especially beautiful as well.

Also, let this discussion also include the Rebop LXs, one of which I played at GC Chicago, which happened to be a sick five.

15. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    GAS factor on a Natural Oil finished Euro 4 LX is 90%.

RED ALERT.

16. cetera

cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    I picked up a Euro LX a couple of months back with a 'Tiger Wood' top!!! YUM!!! It's one of the exotic top ones that they are doing in limited quantities.... :D :D :D

It looks beautiful, is very light, feels great, and is mega punchy!!! Sweet!! :bassist: :hyper:

17. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    I have one of the first 3 Euro-5 LX's in Natural Oil that came over in April. I can tell you that they are different from the standard Euro's. The difference in body woods makes a big difference in the tone. The LX has a more 'woody' tone with a stronger fundamental. It is also lighter, for those of you who thought the Euro's were heavy will like this. I also personally think it balances better, even with the lighter body it doesn't have neck dive.

For comparison, I have a Euro-5, Euro-4, Legend-6, and a Euro-5 LX, with the LX being my favorite. I already have 2 more LX's on order which I'll be receiving withing a month.

BTW, if you are a Spector fan watch for a thread by myself and Firkanahsoul coming soon.

18. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    Dude, post a picture of that bad boy!