Spector Euro 4 LX drooler Thread.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by barroso, Oct 15, 2004.

1. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Post here every pics you can find on the web about the Czech made Euro 4 LX!!!
  2. Robman

Mar 19, 2004
    Sherman, Texas
    Bass Guitar Magazine reviewed one in the latest issue - sweet bass. I'm digging these Euro 4 basses!
  3. jivetkr

May 15, 2002

They are really nice. The one in this months bassplayer is sweet.

Can anyone comment on the tone as compared to the all maple euro basses?
  4. A guy in a band I know very well uses a Euro 4 LX.
  5. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars

Playability and feel are identical.

Tonally, it's a bit less bright, more of a "mellow" sounding bass than the all-maple version. Very full, good definition, just a bit more "butt". Very impressive bass.
  6. the Euro LX is probably the next 4 strings I'm going to buy

First pics from the Spector website[​IMG]
    As we can see on the picture, there isn't that much of alder, the top is very thick!!!!
  7. xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I love the Euro, but just too pricey. I'm looking at a Bubinga Spector Legend if everything goes right soon.
  8. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Larry, the angle of the photo is a wee bit deciving. The body wings are about half & half maple & alder. It's still a killer bass, very worth it.

xcentralx, I've played a few of the Legend series basses, and they're VERY good as well. Great "bang-for-the-buck" basses!
  9. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002

man..that sounds like a bass that is right up my alley. I think the Spectors are among the best looking basses out there.
    Its too bad they put those darn Louisville Slugger/Warwick style necks on them.
  10. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    My GAS and probably next bass is a Euro 4, not an LX though.
  11. They are absolutely awesome basses, incedibly light too! Matt(the guy I know who is in an awesome local band) plays one. I went to a gig with one of my spectors(he asked me to) and we had this big bass swap and were both playing each others basses. Mine has a much fatter neck(a kinda D shape) and his is more of a shallow D shape. Kinda hard to explain.
  12. I'm sure it is, when I say there wasn't that much of alder, it wasn't a reproach. I guess my english sucks...:D

Nick, are you saying that the neck of the Euro LX is more like a jazz neck compared to a P neck, in thickness? If yes, that bass is the one I want. I had a Korean Spector a few years ago, I sold it because i found the neck to be too fat for my taste whereas I loved how it sounded. This bass really looks like a "must have"...
  13. The neck on the Euro seemed much slimmer....me and Matt thought they felt like 2 totally different basses.
  14. nick g.

nick g. Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2003
    Chandler, Arizona
    I used to love Euros like no other, yet the last two (of three) I played felt & sounded utterly craptastic.

The Legends are extremely nice basses, the Bubinga-topped kind is especially beautiful as well.

Also, let this discussion also include the Rebop LXs, one of which I played at GC Chicago, which happened to be a sick five.
  15. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    GAS factor on a Natural Oil finished Euro 4 LX is 90%.

16. cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    I picked up a Euro LX a couple of months back with a 'Tiger Wood' top!!! YUM!!! It's one of the exotic top ones that they are doing in limited quantities.... :D :D :D

It looks beautiful, is very light, feels great, and is mega punchy!!! Sweet!! :bassist: :hyper:
  17. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    I have one of the first 3 Euro-5 LX's in Natural Oil that came over in April. I can tell you that they are different from the standard Euro's. The difference in body woods makes a big difference in the tone. The LX has a more 'woody' tone with a stronger fundamental. It is also lighter, for those of you who thought the Euro's were heavy will like this. I also personally think it balances better, even with the lighter body it doesn't have neck dive.

For comparison, I have a Euro-5, Euro-4, Legend-6, and a Euro-5 LX, with the LX being my favorite. I already have 2 more LX's on order which I'll be receiving withing a month.

BTW, if you are a Spector fan watch for a thread by myself and Firkanahsoul coming soon.
  18. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    Dude, post a picture of that bad boy!