1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Spector Euro 4 (Pre LX)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rman12321, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Hey guys there is a Spector euro 4 at one of the stores here in canada and it is advertised as "new" for 1399$. Its one of those old ones with the maple wings, and flame maple top, it is also in a blue burst colour. I contacted them about it, and they say its in brand new condition with the exception of some very small scratches on the back from being played in store. Here is a pic they sent me http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/684/london2012060500365.jpg/ I cant really tell from the pic of its just small minor scratches or big. They told me its very light though. Now the thing is, I have to get this bass transferred across canada to my province If I wanted to get it. I would have to buy it in order for them to transfer, and I cant return it because the store here doesnt want something in their stock that they don't need.

I want to ask, is this price worth it for this bass? because I see the spector euro 4 lx's in Canada go for 1999$ and spectors are hard to find in Canada.

2. Evil Undead

Evil Undead

Oct 31, 2009
    All I can see is a light bulb.

Also, is that price in canadian $ or US $?

3. Canadian $

4. Worldeeeter

Worldeeeter Inactive

Mar 29, 2010
    Asheville, NC
    That's probably typical pricing for Canada, if they are difficult to get ahold of. I sold my Euro5 (mint condition) last month for US$1100.
    That's a good "music store" price; you may want to confirm that the original electronics are in the bass; have them take off the cavity cover and send you a pic of what's inside.
    You can always e-mail PJ Rubal at Spector to verify that what you're getting is good: pj@spectorbass.com

Get the serial # from them first!!!
    (on back of headstock - should start with "NB").

5. Mr.Bassie720

Mr.Bassie720 Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Washington DC,Silver Spring,MD
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    I can see the lightbulb and what looks like a hand. No bass though. That price is fair if the bass is in like new condition and has the crown inlays. Not a great price but fair. I might suggest the TB classifieds.

6. superdick2112

superdick2112 Mile High Bassist Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2010
    The Centennial State
    Nothing but a lightbulb. Who's bright idea was that?

7. That's the back of the bass, it is black. The poly makes some kind of a mirror reflection so that's why you can see a hand and a light bulb. I cant really tell about the scratches though because it is a bad picture

8. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.