1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Spector Euro 4LX 35 4-string

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by basswriter, Jul 18, 2007.

1. It's amazing how moving and packing proves how much stuff you *really* have... I've painstakingly collected all this cool gear over the last six years--and now I have lots of things I don't need anymore, like this awesome Spector 4-string I bought earlier this year.

Here are the details:

Black 2006 Spector Euro 4LX 35 4-string electric bass

**Black gloss finish
    **Gold hardware
    **Rosewood board
    **Czech-built
    **Neck-thru
    **35-inch scale great for downtuning (currently strung B-E-A-D)
    **Mint condition
    **Upgraded with Aguilar OBP-3SK/PP preamp (stacked bass and treble, stacked/push/pull mids) for clarity, versatility, and maximum control of the mids

New price (with original Spector TonePump preamp), $2299; I'd love to sell it (with both preamps and with Spector gigbag) for $1,000--but make me an offer!

This bass looks and sounds killer with Dean Markley's Randy Jackson strings--you know, the gold ones--so I'll throw in a coupla sets of those, too.

No trades. New York pickup preferred; otherwise, buyer pays shipping in the USA via FedEX or UPS (your preference). Payment by PayPal or USPS money order.

Thanks for looking!

~Elton

Attached Files:

2. neptoon

neptoon Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2000
    Cape Canaveral, FL
    hot...

3. bump

4. Skywalker22

Skywalker22 Guest

pm sent

5. jazzboi

jazzboi

Jan 10, 2008
    Hungary
    What is the sound like? Is it growly or boomy (lazy and not that percussive)? Is the B string well defined,and has good intonation? Do the 35" scale help using B-E-A-D tuning? How does the neck feel? Slim or a tree trunk? :) What was the stock electronics like? (good or was there a problem with it for being switched on an Aguilar? ) I like to have one of these 35" scale basses for rock and metal with B-E-A-D tuning. I thin it it capable for this...what do you think? :)

6. Metal Mitch

Metal Mitch

Jul 14, 2003
    NJ
    Oh man, I want one of these. But I want it with black hardware. Bump and good luck.

7. Skywalker22

Skywalker22 Guest

he sold this a while ago. Not to me, but check his feedback.. it's sold.
    This is an awesome bass though. I just sold my 34" model but the 35" is just as great. It's powerful as all hell. The spector tone boost system is strong and clean. The p/j combo gives it thump and growl while you can use the elecs to dial in the tone you want.
    What sold me on these basses was Porcupine Tree's Fear of a Blank Plant. Colin Edwin uses these now since his Wal is retired.. I think that says something about the quality.

I think he tunes his bass c-f-bflat-eflat. beautiful maple neck that plays like butter. The graphite reinforcement makes this bass incredibly durable.
    at en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin Edwin there's a link to a post he put up about this bass.
    awesome bass.