SOLD Spector Euro 4LX in Peacock Blue with Maple Fingerboard

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by mbluto, Jul 27, 2021.

1. mbluto

mbluto Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2002
    Valparaiso, Indiana
    Price:
    $1475
    Strings:
    United States
    Hi Guys,

Up for sale is my 2013 Spector Euro LX in Peacock Blue w/ Maple Fretboard (Not Bahama BLue as I was told when I bought the bass. The bass was recently pro-setup by my tech, frets polished, neck feels great and is straight and true. The bass is pretty clean; 7.5 to 8.0 out of 10 conservatively with a few body scratches and dings, the one most noticeably is on the back of the body (see pictures). Gold plating is starting to show some wear on the bridge and apparently starting to pit on tuners. Bass plays well and sounds excellent. Spector Tone Pump preamp w/ EMG pups...

Buyer to pay actual shipping costs (really got burned on recent set-shipping to west coast..); prefer CONUS delivery via FedEx, but email me if you are outside CONUS and we can work things out.

Please, no trade offers... for sale only (only reason for selling is to fund another purchase...).

It came with a heavily padded Spector gig bag, but I also purchased a Spector hard case about 16 months ago... Will try to package bass with both soft/hard cases... If its not feasible to pack both in box safely, without ensuring total protection to bass inside, please let me know which case you want (Spector Hard Case/Spector Padded Gig Bag).

PLEASE ask any and all questions prior to purchasing; have camera at the ready if you need more pictures...

Bass Spec Summary:
    • 2013 Spector Euro LX 4-string Bass; neck-through construction
    • Peacock Blue Finish (as per my learned TB Spector bass owners)
    • Maple Fretboard with Black crown fret markers
    • Maple/Alder Body
    • Three-piece Maple neck
    • EMG Pickups/ Spector Tonepump preamp; Dual Volume/2-Band EQ controls
    • Original Spector Padded Gig Bag/Spector Hard Shell Case (see above description)
    • Weight: 8.52 pounds on freight scale
    01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg 04.jpg 05.jpg 06.jpg 07.jpg 08.jpg 09.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg 12.jpg 13.jpg 14.jpg 15.jpg 16.jpg 17.jpg 18.jpg osdvgjd3aaun2zkzznsq.jpg

Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
  2. tbz

tbz

Jun 28, 2013
    California
    Are you sure that’s bahama blue? It doesn’t look like it. Iirc Spector never did a euro in that color.

3. mbluto

mbluto Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2002
    Valparaiso, Indiana
    Refer to the handful of Euro LX basses sold via Japan on ebay in past 6 months; one up for sale on fee-bay as we speak... All Bahama Blue... maybe the newer USA NS-2/4 basses have a different "Bahama Blue finish" than the older Euros (see Ish guitars for example)... Verified bass color with good people at Kansas City Vintage Guitars... Here is another Euro Bahama Blue example currently for sale at Andersons...

BB.png

Wolf Tower 5 and onamission like this.
  4. bobunit

bobunit I'm here. Now what?

Jul 15, 2008
    Idaho
    Peacock blue. Beautiful bass.

mbluto, Holdsg and tbz like this.
  5. tbz

tbz

Jun 28, 2013
    California
    As Bob mentioned it’s actually peacock blue. Which was available on Euros in 2013.

Odd that you’d cite Japan eBay listings as canonical.

That vintage guitar store is similarly wrong. Just ask in the Spector club I guess? Or email their customer service.

Bahama Blue has always been a “tropical ocean” blue color. Very light bright blue with subtle hints of green, up close.

Here is an ended reverb listing for a 2013 Bahama Blue NS2 for reference.

Spector USA NS-2 JJ 2013 Bahama Blue | Guitar House of Tulsa | Reverb

That one you linked isn’t the same shade as yours. Even with the poor lighting.

James Edward likes this.
  6. mbluto

mbluto Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2002
    Valparaiso, Indiana
    Is it really Peacock Blue... now I'm honestly curious... Seriously... Been told for a long time that the finish was Bahama Blue... Looking at cited photos of peacock blue, it may be, but looks a little lighter in color (see below picture)... This bass is DEFINATELY not the same peacock blue finish as my old Pedulla MVP5 in Peacock Blue..

Now my curiosity is definitely up... Would rather be wrong and learn something new...

s-l300.jpg

7. mbluto

mbluto Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2002
    Valparaiso, Indiana
    Hmmm... I'll take your word on it... just seems strange that various stores citing Euro LXs as Bahama Blue seem to have different hues (see picture below from bass central)... As per the Fee-Bay Japan "canonical" comment, its not that odd since Japanese fee-bay seemed to be the only source of Euro LX basses in this "hue" over past year or so... Statement was not meant to be the end all, be all orthodoxical reference...

F1.jpg

8. mbluto

mbluto Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2002
    Valparaiso, Indiana
    Hmm... used a USA NS-2 as reference... if you could find an older Euro 4LX as reference, that would be definitive... Either way, learning more about the Spector Euro finishes and potential misinformation by dealers...

9. bobunit

bobunit I'm here. Now what?

Jul 15, 2008
    Idaho
    jieVXM2N8L9pBa-kztWYvUktS04XzJXDpeIFluGE7RsURw_KAquYZ7_KfbpauHHcNO-FA_JImJzsZKvalPQ=w556-h820-no.jpg
    !996 SSD NS-5 in Peacock Blue. At the time it was a custom color which I believe was an upcharge. I used to own this and like a dang fool I sold it. Anyway, as I said before, beautiful bass. GLWTS.

sonojono and mbluto like this.
  10. mbluto

mbluto Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2002
    Valparaiso, Indiana
    Now THAT is Smoking Hot... absolutely gorgeous!!! We all have bass sale regrets; 40+ years of bass sales I completely regret, but had to do in different situations... Thank You (!!!!!!!!) for the clarification!

bobunit likes this.
  11. That's a beautiful bass, GLWTS!

bobunit and mbluto like this.
  12. mbluto

mbluto Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2002
    Valparaiso, Indiana
    Thank you Red!!!

red_bassist likes this.
  13. jack7265

jack7265 Supporting Member

Apr 24, 2011
    Avondale, La
    That's peacock blue.

mbluto likes this.
  14. mbluto

mbluto Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2002
    Valparaiso, Indiana
    Thanks Jack!! Doesn't look like the peacock blue on my Pedulla, but its close... revised post listing in regards to color... was told it was bahama blue when I bought it; it's only when I sell it that i know the true finish color...lol... learn something new each day... :)

jack7265 likes this.
  15. Nakoatron

Nakoatron Supporting Member

Aug 17, 2017
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Whatever color it is, it's a beaut!

e.rich and mbluto like this.
  16. mbluto

mbluto Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2002
    Valparaiso, Indiana
    .... LOL!!! Thanks Nak!

17. jack7265

Apr 24, 2011
    Avondale, La
    You're welcome. Here's my NS-2 DW in Bahama Blue. You can see the green tint. Bahama Blue is an upgrade color, where they mix three different colors to get the green/blue effect.

2018-08-25 (1).JPG

mbluto likes this.
  18. mbluto

mbluto Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2002
    Valparaiso, Indiana
    Now that is beautiful.... love the blue abalone crown markers on the maple board to compliment the finish!!!!

jack7265 likes this.
  19. jack7265

Apr 24, 2011
    Avondale, La
    Thanks. Yes, the abalone inlays work well with the bahama blue.

e.rich and mbluto like this.
  20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 20, 2021