1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Spector Euro 4LX vs. Spector NS-2A

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by LimaGuy, May 11, 2011.

1. LimaGuy

LimaGuy The Godfather

Apr 21, 2011
    NY
    I have a Spector Euro LX that I am very happy with. Love the action, tone, feel, etc…
    I was looking into getting a Spector NS-2A. For anyone that owns or played these 2 models, any comments about comparing them? I know the cosmetic, pickup and country of origin differences.
    I am mainly interested in comparing the neck feel, weight etc…

Thanks

2. Denny Coon

Denny Coon

Jan 10, 2010
    Ohio
    I prefer the action and the body is a little thinner on the Euro. The NS I have is a Chek Republic (SPELLING) model. I bought it in the 80s and played it untill last year. I thought it couldnt get any better, then I got the Euro. The NS's neck is a little rounder at the nut. IT also has a painted neck rather than the Euros unfinished neck. I would def think a US NS would be a better quality NS and diff comparisons, but doubt I will ever change from the Euro now. Its just flat out wicked!! Good luck

3. ysand

ysand

Mar 26, 2005
    Athens/Greece
    Some say that the NS-2A is closer to the US NS2 in terms of looks, feel and sound.
    I haven't tried one so far, but my advice is to grab one if you find a good deal.
    It's a spector after all ;)

4. LimaGuy

LimaGuy The Godfather

Apr 21, 2011
    NY
    An update, I just got a white NS-2A upgraded with EMG P/J set & EMG BTS EQ circuit. Very happy with it. Neck is a bit chunkier then my 2010 Euro4 LX. You would never imagine that it was a Korean import. It is built like a tank, the tuners and bridge are solid not like the new Korean imports. Overall action on the NS-2A isnt as good as the action on my Euro. But they complement each other nicely.
    I waited over 20 years to get a Spector and now I am addicted. Have another early 2000 Euro coming by the end of the week.

5. ysand

ysand

Mar 26, 2005
    Athens/Greece
    Piiiics! :D

6. LimaGuy

LimaGuy The Godfather

Apr 21, 2011
    NY
    Here are some photos of my White NS-2A, Black Euro4LX and Dark Blue Euro4 (this was just purchased and is on its way.)

NS2a_1.
    MySpector.
    BlueSpector.