Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Spector Euro 5LX

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ritterbass, Oct 17, 2005.

1. ritterbass

ritterbass

Oct 17, 2005
    Hey this is my first post and I was just wondering if anyone had any user feedback on this bass. I am thinking about purchasing one and will be testing one out in a few days. I just want some input about it, the other review sites werent too helpfull. I'd like to see if i can get a more broad perspective...I know what all the specs are on the bass, I just want some straight up impressions. My rig is an Ampeg SVT Classic with Classic 810e cab. I use an Ampeg 410HLF Classic cab for smaller shows. My rack is a BBE sonic Maximizer 482i, korg DTR1000, and a Furman pl plus power conditioner. For super small shows, I just use a peavey TKO 115s combo and a peavey microbass for room practice. Anyways any input on how this might sound with that kind of set up or anything else would be appreciated. thank you very much.

2. DGbass70

DGbass70

Jun 1, 2005
    Rochester N.Y.
    Buy it,i have one and i love everything about it.
    (sound,comfort,looks)
    and with your rig you should get a really good sound.

3. ritterbass

ritterbass

Oct 17, 2005
    Yeah it seems to me that you couldnt really go wrong with one. Is the bass well balanced though in terms of its weight and comfort? I know you said the comfort is great but I really want to make sure on that one. I got A schecter SB1 bass and it's cool, looks good but too neck heavy, granted it's a completely different bass I realise that. Also how is the set up on these things when they first arrive? I'm concerned mostly with action, I like it low. Also is it well suited for pretty well any style of playing? ie finger, pick, slapping etc or more geared towards one style?

4. DGbass70

DGbass70

Jun 1, 2005
    Rochester N.Y.
    In my opinion i think is well balance,this is my 4th Spector i have no complaints.
    good luck...................... :bassist:

5. ritterbass

ritterbass

Oct 17, 2005
    Cool well I guess I'll have to give it a go then...thank you for the input on it!

6. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    I have a Euro 4 and love it, my favorite bass I've owned to date and I doubt I will find anything I like more anytime soon. I'm sure a 5 string version would be equally sweet.

7. ritterbass

ritterbass

Oct 17, 2005
    Thats cool...I'd like any input as well on any Euro LX basses, obviously more so for the Euro 5XL but the Euro 4 LX as well....If there are any cirticisms, loop-holes or just general things i should look out for with them, feel free to add that in there, it'd be appreciated.

8. cetera

cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    You'll love it! Especially through an SVT & 8x10..... classic punch, growl and grind! :bassist:

9. ritterbass

ritterbass

Oct 17, 2005
    Really!? wow I look forward to it! infact I just recieved word that the test Euro 5LX has arrived at steve's music today for me to try out! I saw your spector that you got as well very nice! They look so damn good dont they....I got them to bring in a black cherry one cause it was the only one they had at their toronto store. However I want blue stain instead. This one is just to test out to see if I like it. But yeah if it's nearly as good as everyone says it is I guess it will sound killer through my Ampeg rig, most of my basses do sound good through there I find. I'm happy to be getting some really good feedback about the spectors.

10. ritterbass

ritterbass

Oct 17, 2005
    Well I tried out the Spector on thursday and I was quite impressed with it. Although I would like to go with a blue stain one, the black cherry one looked quite nice...Those gold schaller tuners look so fine as well...Everything was pretty much in the pocket for me. It was fairly easy to play, it had a nice tight B string. Those real EMG pick-ups sounded great as well, I can only imagine what it will sound like through my rig at home. I'll have to wait two months for the blue stain one to arrive at the store which is fine with me as it gives me more time to save up for it. Time to go sell off some stuff lol :D I'll probably want to take a "family photo" of all my stuff including that at some point.