1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

SOLD Spector Euro LX Doug Wimbish Signature

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Corevalay, May 15, 2018.

1. Corevalay

Corevalay Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2009
    New Jersey
    Price:
    Strings:
    Also, now for sale. Bass is in great condition with two dings. Gorgeous flamed maple top.

Considering a trade for my Spector Euro DW. I'm definitely not convinced I want to let it go, but would be curious to see what's out there. The bass is absolutely gorgeous and plays fantastic, but I'm not sure how I feel about the 1.5" nut as compared to a 1.64" standard Spector. SNC Haz clone Preamp (I also have a TonePump if you'd prefer). Strung up with Ernie Ball .50-.105 nickels (not pictured).

I'm ONLY looking for other Spectors. Euro's, NS2A, SSD, etc...

IMG_7257.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 22, 2018
  2. mikewalker

mikewalker Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2017
    Canada, Eh!
    What kind of wood is that fretboard? (Almost looks like Walnut...)

3. Corevalay

Sep 10, 2009
    New Jersey
    As far as I know it's just rosewood.

4. Warfender

Warfender

Oct 25, 2009
    WOW! How many Spector basses do you have?

5. Corevalay

Sep 10, 2009
    New Jersey
    Right now, I've got 3.

6. Maynjo

Maynjo Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Jacksonville, NC
    Pretty sure most Euros have a Pau Ferro fretboard, which is similar to rosewood but is a lighter grain. Absolutely gorgeous bass, I really want to like Spectors but the necks are so thick (not wide, but thick like a baseball bat). GLWTS

7. Corevalay

Sep 10, 2009
    New Jersey
    They're standard with Rosewood, but I think you might be right that this one is Pau Ferro. It's really light compared to my other basses. I may have to reach out to PJ at Spector and see if he has a record of it.

8. fretlesswonder

fretlesswonder

Jul 26, 2006
    New Jersey
    The used car salesman of basses, wow.

9. Corevalay

Sep 10, 2009
    New Jersey
    rknox likes this.
  10. fretlesswonder

fretlesswonder

Jul 26, 2006
    New Jersey
    Compliment, totally, your basses are always beautiful. When I was a kid, there was a cool used car lot by my house. They always had Vette's, muscle cars. Should have written that, sorry.

11. Corevalay

Sep 10, 2009
    New Jersey
    Thanks Fretless!

fretlesswonder likes this.
  12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 10, 2021