Spector Euro LX versus Corvette Pro Line

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Nickthebassist, Feb 4, 2005.

Which bass is best?

Poll closed Feb 9, 2005.
  1. Spector Euro LX

24 vote(s)
  2. Warwick Corvete Proline

12 vote(s)
  1. Ok, I have played the Spector before, and loved the feel of it. I've never played a Corvette Proline, but I have played 2 other types of corvette(a standard and a FNA jazzman), and I wasn't overly keen on the Jazzman. I'm wanting to know which bass can do that deep down low end growl(NOT like the growl off Never Again). If you listen to Incubus, you may know what I mean.
  2. Sane

Dec 4, 2004
    Melbourne Fl
    Ok man ... This is out of hand... Pretty soon everyones just gonna ignore you and your post is gonna get lost in the sea of bass... You have 2 different animals there... only way to decide is to play them yourself and pick. Not post numerous topics on your indecision and now a pole? SLOW DOWN!... Everyones been nice for the most part but this is getting down right annoying.
  3. O I'm sorry if I am using this forum to ask questions about bass *sarcasm off*......isn't that what it was designed for?
  4. Johnny Fila

Johnny Fila Formerly "The Crusader"

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    Let the kid ask what he wants. he wants a new bass, this is a bass forum. let him ask all the questions he wants.
  5. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Maybe he should get the money for a bass before he bothers everyone with the questinos. Hes been talking about selling some of his gear for months. What has he sold? @$$.
  6. Johnny Fila

Johnny Fila Formerly "The Crusader"

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    regardless. is money a requisite for this forum now?
  7. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Everybody (cough*Sane*cough*Figjam*) needs to re-read TB Rule #1. It's number 1 for a reason.
  8. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Then don't read his posts, everyone who bashes him seems to have infatuation with reading EVERY THREAD HE STARTS and then likes to vocalize their unwanted opinion. You people need to stop getting off on being mean to Nick. It's fine it somebody if somebody starts their 50th, "What hardware color for my Fodera" thread or "What puke-green piece Buckeye burl would look best on my Benavente" thread; but heaven forbid somebody who is a relative novice wants a few opinions on a future purchase. :rollno:

I think it would best if people who are always trying to down on everybody; started to ignore Talkbass entirely

And it's POLL. :bag: :D

Nick, I would go with Spector unless you found a deal on a Warwick that you just couldn't pass up. I not a huge fan of the active circuit in all the Warwicks I have played Warwick, but every Spector I have played has been top notch.
  9. In answer to figjam, I have sold my Rebop, my Fender and my rockbass, and have some serious money to spend.
  10. You said it: "novice". We have ALL been at that level at some stage.

HOWEVER, a little humility appropriate to his age and level of ability and/or experience might calm the fevered brows of those TBers who may be feeling a little frustrated? :eyebrow: :) :eyebrow: :) :eyebrow: :)

Just a thought in the spirit of conciliation. :) :) :)
  11. So I'm a novice when i've been playing 4 and a half years?
  12. You have just proved my point.

OF COURSE you are a novice (OK, maybe an "improver") after playing for four and a half years, That's why that "half year" is so important. :) :) :)

Obviously, compared to someone who has been playing for a fortnight, you are (or COULD BE :) ) an expert (realtively speaking), but NOT compared to someone who has been playing 20 years.

It's just common sense, plain and simple.

Isn't it?? :confused: :confused: :confused:
  13. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    Heck - I consider myself a novice and have been playing for @ 18 years.

Anyway - regarding your post....

I have heard nothing but good things about each bass, however I believe that the p/u configuration on the Spector is a jazz/p-bass style while the Corvette has two jazz style p'ups. I personally prefer the tonal variety of haveing the two different pickups - but that's just my opinion.

Have you played either bass?
  14. Well said!!

THAT is HUMILITY. :p :p :p :p :p :p
  15. Ok i spose I am a novice. The guy who owns the Corvette lives in York too(utter chance that he does, we met on a forum), so I'm gonna go and play the bass, and I'm also goin to try out the Euros. I'll also try a USA series just to see if they are better than the Euro.
  16. Oh, me thinks I'll be in paradise! :D :bassist:
  17. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Of the two, Spector.

(Looking forward to the entertainment this thread is bound to bring!) :bag:
  18. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    If you're looking for a tone similar to Dirk Lance era Incubus.... I believe he used a Warwick Streamer of some sort... Stage II me thinks...

If you're looking for a tone similar to the new Incubus bassist (Ben Kenney?), his primary bass is a Lakland Joe Osborne.

I think the Warwick will get you closer to the older stuff, but the Spector will probably get you closer to the newer stuff. Just my opinion...
  19. Sane

Dec 4, 2004
    Melbourne Fl
    ... Never bashed him... just brought up the fact that he had asked this same question in some form.... many times in the past couple days. IMHO I believe he needs to play the two and pick, much like everyone has said in his past topics. If I was bashing or coming off rude, I apologize NtB. It was early might of just come out wrong. Well that aside :p If you need an opinion ... I would go with the Euro... though dont know what exactly you didnt like about the Rebop... maybe it wont carry over.