Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SPector Euro neck thru

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by StoutXXX, Feb 17, 2003.

1. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Spectors are a great bass & IMO, I think they're worth more than what they sell for. The 4 string sells for about $1499 or so & if you can get one for $800, JUMP on it.

Are you sure is a Czeck & not a Korean?

2. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    What Nino said- a Czech spector neck-thru is worth a good $1500, $800 is a STEAL even if it didn't ahve any electronics, lol. GO for it! A typical price on a NT korean is about $700 new, so I really doubt its korean-that would only be like, 15% or so off list.

3. damn well i figured it was a steal and i had a dream last night that was not good. Called the music shop and damn he sold it sat.... Looking for a Rex BAss Though

4. watspan

watspan Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2002
    madison, wi
    I have a Dean Edge 4 Improv, supposed to be made at the same Czech Factory, Neck thru design--though i've never played the Spector, the Dean is a wonderful bass, looks dynamite, plays and sounds great. I paid a little over $700 new w/ HSC, i've seen a new york music store selling them on e-bay for undet 600--you may want to consider one.

5. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    That bites..that bass was probably only in the store for a few days at that price. The Rex is a good bass as well, but I prefer the ReBops. Whatever you choose, you can't go wrong with a spector for the price.