1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Spector Euro series basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jason the fox, Feb 7, 2016.

1. jason the fox

jason the fox Often rocks and rarely rolls.

Jul 2, 2013
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    I've got a crazy hankerin' for a Spector. Nope, never played one or even held a real one before. But the look/shape and tone (from the videos and things I've seen) of the NS2 have me gassing badly.

I'm definitely not in the market for a US-made NS2. But I might start looking around for a used Euro 4 LX.

Can anyone recommend a site with some good info? I've been doing some research and it looks like at one point they went from dot inlays to the more trademark crowd shaped inlays, but I don't know much other than that. If I find one and decide to pull the trigger, there's a 99.9% chance I'll be buying it based on photos alone. I know this is a wide open question but is there anything in particular I should look for?

2. Thundar

Thundar Living in sin at the Holiday Inn

There is much to learn, Jason...please come on over to the Spector Club thread and ask...and read...lots of friendly folks to help you!

SPECTOR® Owners Club

Lumdingo and Mediocrity Man like this.
  3. jason the fox

jason the fox Often rocks and rarely rolls.

Jul 2, 2013
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Ahhh yes - I'll post in there, thanks!

4. gene beauchamp

gene beauchamp

Jul 15, 2012
    Laurel,DE.
    I have owned Spectors most of my career. At one point I had a custom Brubaker and still went back to Spector. Tone and feel is second to none. The Euro series is so good that there is no reason to get a US unless you are rich. I have two premo euros and I recently decided to sell one only. Look me up if you are interested. One is natural and one is amber. One is just as great as the other so I will keep the one that dont sell.

Lumdingo and jason the fox like this.
  5. cardinal

cardinal

Jan 13, 2016
  6. Agent P

Agent P

Apr 3, 2015
    USA
    My main bass is a Spector Euro 4LX. It definitely interfaces with my body-arms-hands-fingers really, really well and the tone is hi-fi crispy clear but can get this aggressive edge if I dig in; truly a dynamically expressive instrument!

Here are "bass-centric" YouTube videos that I've been producing with my Euro (Doug Wimbish) model in action... exploring different musical contexts; hope they are helpful to anyone in the market for one: Perry Tee