1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Spector.....Euro VS. USA

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 4string4ever, Dec 5, 2004.

1. 4string4ever

4string4ever Guest

Apr 18, 2004
    Orlando, Florida
    I'm wanting a Spector real bad.......Besides the preamp, is there any significant difference between the two?

2. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    No not really. They are both AWESOME instruments. Not much of a difference at all.

3. Johnny Fila

Johnny Fila Formerly "The Crusader"

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    I have 2 spector czech models, one a 4 the other a 5. Both well made, easy to play. They fit the hands nice. I've never played the American version, but with the proper set up, I can't imagine there being much difference. I'm pretty sure that I have the aguilar pre-amp in both, which is my main choice of pre-amp in any bass.

4. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    Hopefully RAM will chime in, he owns a US-made Spector NS, and he's tried the other non-US Spector variants. I haven't had the chance to try a newer US-made model.

I really like the sound and eronomics of my Czech-made Spector. It's neck is 'D' shaped, many people call it a 'baseball bat' neck. I personally find it's neck to be really comfortable.

I haven't played a US-made Spector in decades, I tried a friend's NS-1 in the early 80's. It had walnut body wings, a single DiMarzio P-style pickup and an original Badass bridge. I'd love to have that bass today!

My local Spector dealer told me the Czech-made models are about 90% of what the US-made Spectors are.

Whatever that '90%' means, IMO the Czech-made 'Euro Series' Spectors are amazing instruments.

-Art