1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

SOLD Spector Euro4 LX DW - brand new condition Doug Wimbish

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by nostatic, Jul 29, 2017.

1. nostatic

nostatic

Jun 18, 2004
    Lompoc, CA
    Endorsing Artist: FEA Labs
    Price:
    Strings:
    I bought this and another Spector as part of my ongoing experiments in tone/etc. I can say that I find the Spector sound to be freakin' awesome, but I prefer the ergonomics of my Foderas. So up for sale is an essential brand new Euro4 LS Doug Wimbish (DW). Action is low, tone is huge - very fast and fun bass to play. And not a mark on it. Been out on one gig and played the last few weeks around the house, zero issues.

NECK
    WOOD: 3pc Maple with Graphite Rods inside for additional strength
    FINGERBOARD: Rosewood, with our mother of pearl Crown Inlays®
    NUMBER OF FRETS: 24
    SCALE LENGTH: 34"
    RADIUS: 16"
    WIDTH AT NUT: 1.50"

BODY
    Our original NS curved and carved body shape
    WOOD: USA Figured Maple over European Alder

HARDWARE
    Gold
    BRIDGE: Spector zinc brass alloy locking bridge, with intonation screws
    STRING SPACING AT BRIDGE: .75"
    STRAP BUTTONS: Schaller locking
    Brass Nut

PICKUPS AND ELECTRONICS
    NECK PICKUP: EMG P
    BRIDGE PICKUP: EMG J ("SJ" size)
    ACTIVE TONE CONTROLS: Spector TonePump +18db boost only, bass and treble
    Internal output trim pot to fine tune output to your needs
    CONTROLS : volume, blend, treble boost, bass boost

8.7 lbs

This thing sounds like a cannon. Not sure why some complain about the TonePump - I'm able to dial up a bunch of tasty sounds with it. The key is judicious use of the bass and treble knobs. I run them both about 30% up and I find that has a nice midrange voice will still sounding fat and articulate.

$1575 shipped/insured in the CONUS. Will ship in the original double boxes I got form buying it new from Bass Central. Sorry, not interested in trades.

spector-3.jpg

spector-2.jpg

spector-4.jpg

spector-5.jpg

spector-6.jpg

spector-7.jpg

spector-8.jpg

spector-1.jpg

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  2. 6tzguy

6tzguy 6tzguy Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2004
    Orange County, Ca.
    Don't worry about the 'Tone pump" they're great! Every time one comes up for sale in the'strings and accessories classified' they go quickly

I had the 5 string version of this bass and the Tone Pump was awesome sounding!!!!

fender68 likes this.
  3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 16, 2021