Spector finishes - need help!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PanteraFan, Jan 9, 2004.

1. I'm looking at purchasing a Spector NS-JH5CM fretless pretty soon, but I'm stumped on which finish! I want either Black Cherry, Royal Blue or Violet.

I've seen Black Cherry on a JH5CM and it's stunning, but I haven't seen the other two. I've seen Euro's in Blue and even played one, and it's a great finish, so I'd be happy getting that without seeing the US model in it. But, I don't know what the Violet Stain looks like. On The Spector site it's very bluey, which I'd prefer, but then the US Neckthough NS-2 I saw on the Bass Central site is a lot more of an outrageous purple, like the Euro Plum stain.

If the Violet is anything like the Spector site then I'll go for that, but I don't like bright basses, so if it's more of a Plum colour I'll go for one of the other two. So, can anyone tell me(or hopefully show me) what the Violet looks like? Also, to anyone who's seen a US Bolt-On in blue, how good is it?

Thanks in advance,

2. Metal Mitch

Metal Mitch

Jul 14, 2003
    Hmm, I've been looking at Czech Spectors lately (in person) and the color seems to vary a bit with every piece. Plus, pics often don't show the actual color as it looks in real life. So you've got 2 variables there.

If you can't get a hands-on look at the piece first, I'd suggest you try emailing them and see if they can shoot you some more sample photos. PJ Rubal is amazingly responsive to emails.
  3. RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    I like the natural finishes more.
  4. Maybe, but if I wanted a Natural NS body shape I'd buy a Warwick.

I'll try emailing PJ Rubal, but if any of you have pics that would be greatly appreciated.