1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Spector gig bag?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by mmbongo, May 15, 2011.

1. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Just looking for feedback about the gigbag that Spector sells. I'm now the proud owner of an NS-5 and would like to have a nice gigbag for it (just easier to carry around than the case). Of course I want the Spector bag for the Spector logo, but if it's not up to snuff I'll go with something else.

2. gwangi

gwangi Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2009
    Forbidden Valley
    Just curious about any input regarding this gig bag.

3. First off, Merry Xmas! Sadly, I don't own a Spector bass, that may change, who knows?

I can't give you first-hand experience with their gig-bags, however..
    I can speak w/ some authority; I have and have had a LOT of gigbags, including high-end Mono, I-Gig, Reunion Blues, Contego, etc. etc.
    I'm a sucker for logo'd gear: HSC's, gigbags, straps. Part of my OCD I guess.

I looked at the Spector gigbag. Looks very nice to me.

I used to work for a MI company that offered logo'd gigbags to guitar/bass builders as well as retail music shops. We used "generic" gig bags at (3) levels of quality (read: padding) and simply screened their logos and names onto the bag.

I'll state that about 99% of gigbags are made offshore usually China, and most of them are built just fine. There are some that may be very lightly padded and/or poorly sewn, but most of them are made to an acceptable level and will do what they're supposed to do- provide a less bulky way of carrying your bass around. As with using any gigbag, reasonable care should be taken- avoid sharp edges and bumping into drunks, etc!

The Spector bag looks like any number of more than adequate bags, probably made offshore, padded well-enough, with more than ample storage.

If I had a Spector bass, that's what I'd use; no reservations at all.