Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Spector hard cases?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mosher, Nov 10, 2005.

1. Mosher

Mosher

May 18, 2005
    Atlanta
    I just snagged myself a Spector Legend 4, and being a poor student, it's quite an investment--for ME at least. ;)

I want to pick up a hard case for it, for the added protection, but having a smaller body, I hear that Spectors tend to flop around a lot.

I was thinking of going for the straight-up official Spector hardshell, but not only is it pricey, it's got some terrible reviews out there.

Anyone have a case that works well for their Spector?

Or even just a good idea? (I can always use more o' those... :p )

2. I had a euro 5 in an official case and the case was fine.

3. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    My Spector seems to fit fine in the generic hardshell I use. I think it originally cam ewith my Warwick, but its also held my ESP. My Euro 4 fits fine.

Congrats on getting a Spector. Welcome to the club I wish I'd joined years ago.

4. beadgc

beadgc

Oct 10, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    I got a US NS6XL this year that came with the Spector hardshell, and it's top quality. Fender style with leather ends, fits perfectly, has a big accessory compartment, etc. It seems to be the same case they advertise on the website. That price is a list price. If you know a Spector dealer, they might be able to get it for you cheaper. You might check with the guys at Bass Central. They move a lot of Spectors, and would probalby know the options (and they're good guys). For instance, some of the Warwicks are really close in shape, and I wonder if there's a Warwick case that would fit.

Don't know about the bad reviews, but maybe they're for some other hardshells that went with the cheaper models.

5. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    While I prefer Spector basses, I use (Warwick) Rockbag Flight cases for all my electric basses...I sometimes use a Rockbag gig bag for just around town when I KNOW I'm the only one handling my stuff and I won't be "helped"....

6. Mosher

Mosher

May 18, 2005
    Atlanta
    Hmm, maybe the reviews were just the 4 bad apples from the bunch.

People do tend to be more vocal when they're negative.

7. DGbass70

DGbass70

Jun 1, 2005
    Rochester N.Y.
    i have a SPECTOR EURO5LX on a Warwick harshell case i believe it was a Streamer Warwick case because it fits my EURO5 very nice. i wish it was a SPECTOR case but for the money i paid($40)for the Warwick case it's all good.

8. hammer2748

hammer2748

Feb 22, 2002
    Hartford, CT
    Gotta be careful on some of the generics with Spectors as the bend-angle on the headstock will somtimes have the tuner keys bottoming out in the case (when the key is at a right angle to the neck. I had a generic case which worked well for my ESP I had a the time and and also for my Fender J or Precision. But the Spector's outer most keys (Pro Q5), the A and D keys bottomed out. Not all cases are this way. Just need to be sure the neck cradle is high enough to keep the keys off the bottom.

I ended up plunking down the extra jing for the OEM case from Spector! Nice fit, nice case. My baby's safe and all tucked in!

Cheers,
    Hammer