1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Spector(?) ID

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by staticmoe, Sep 1, 2008.

1. staticmoe

staticmoe

Aug 4, 2008
    Elk Grove, CA
    Any Spector experts know what kind of bass this is? I can't even tell if it has 2 humbuckers or P/J pickups. Maybe it isn't a Spector at all, but I remember hearing about how Flea used one a bunch in the late 80s.

And on a side note i think this would be my first post.

2. Ampeg SVT

Ampeg SVT Son, I am disappoint.

Looks like a NS-2 (PJ)

3. staticmoe

staticmoe

Aug 4, 2008
    Elk Grove, CA
    Thanks a lot! Is that typical Spector tone? I don't know of any place around Sacramento that has some to try out, but it sounds gorgeous.

4. bassaficionado6

bassaficionado6 Something about gumption

Jan 7, 2008
    Napa, CA
    Bass Central (I think is the name) is in Sacramento and they have some spectors. Just go to the Spector website and look up dealers, and they should have a couple of places.

5. Ampeg SVT

Ampeg SVT Son, I am disappoint.

Sort of, you have to pluck pretty hard to get that tone. I love the spector tone, one of these days i will get a Euro LX...

6. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    It's a NS-2JA. It has two J pups.

7. NKUSigEp

NKUSigEp

Jun 6, 2006
    Bright, IN
    Incorrect.

+1

That's the Spector tone but a little polite (J/J). The P/J tone has much more punch and lowend.