1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)
  2. The purpose of this forum is to solicit input on newsletter content.  Paul L. from Threadloom (threadloom_paul) is testing algorithms that will select threads to feature as "popular" in upcoming weekly emails.  He has access to this forum and will be posting here shortly.  Thanks! - Paul D.

Spector Introduces the Euro4LE 1977 - Tribute to 40 Years of Legendary Design

Discussion in 'News & PR' started by TalkBass, Jun 13, 2017.

1. TalkBass

TalkBass News Poster

Mar 12, 2004
    The Euro4 1977 offers all of the features that have made Spector a legendary name amongst bass players. Our extremely comfortable, fully carved body is crafted from carved solid American Walnut body, just like our original 40 years ago. A 3-piece maple neck runs through the entire length of the instrument and features a 24 fret rosewood fingerboard with dot inlays. The Euro4 1977 features the same, single DiMarzio Model P pickup as the original but has been updated with a modern, lightweight zinc brass alloy Spector bridge and Spector’s coveted Tone Pump active tone circuit. Available in limited quantities throughout 2017, the Euro4 1977 is the ultimate tribute to Stuart Spector's legendary craftsmanship.

Euro4LE-1977_800x600_gallery_1.
    Euro4LE-1977_800x600_gallery_2.

Euro4LE 1977

Novarocker, xhawk5, petrus61 and 8 others like this.
  2. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    These basses have a gorgeous sound.

xhawk5 likes this.
  3. Who has one of these lil babies?

xhawk5 likes this.
  4. Snowglo

Snowglo Pro Aris et Focis Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2013
    Oregon
    Endorsing the U.S. Military since 1984
    I believe @xhawk5 picked one up recently.

xhawk5 likes this.
  5. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    Thx Snoglo.

Yep, she's a beauty and full of life! Modern P-Bass goodness. Pups are slightly closer to the bridge than a Spector P/J and also a Fender.I think that makes for more mid barking. My first review has changed a little. After a few weeks of play time, the tone is better than originally posted. A sweet bass for sure and worth the investment. Neck is slimmer than a Euro-4. I have a side-by-side neck measurement comparison if it helps anyone.

IMG_3440.JPG IMG_3435.JPG IMG_3439.JPG IMG_3434.JPG

BlueAliceOasis likes this.
  6. Lovely looking bass!

xhawk5 likes this.
  7. You're a $#@!ing winner, dude. Do you feel the need to switch out the pre-amp? How does the pre-amp in conjunction with the DiMarzio P sound and feel?

8. Bassmann79

Bassmann79 Supporting Member

Mar 7, 2015
    Cool...a piece of nostalgia

9. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    Thanks. It sounds pretty darn aggressive for a P-bass type. But it kills. I tried a few other brand strings and the stock D'Addarios sound the best.
    Yes, I'd like to hear how it sounds w/o the tone pump. I have a nice passive PIO V/T setup, and preamps like: Darkglass TC, EMG, Bartolini and Aguilar. I think I'll try the passive option first to see how organic the walnut sounds. I would prefer the organic tone of the wood over any other.
    I really like that the neck is shaped slightly smaller than your standard EURO. Makes for a well-sought-after feel.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017 at 5:04 AM
    Novarocker likes this.