1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Spector Jack... Unusal or Normal?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by VitaminC, Apr 27, 2009.

1. VitaminC

VitaminC

Oct 4, 2008
    I have a kind of old Spector Legend 4. Its jack is very loose in a way. It used to make a loud popping sound when I moved the chord around at the part where it connects to the jack and electronics. I just opened the back and moved to wires around and it seemed to fix it but people told me to look for these "tongs" that the Chord touches but apperntly it doesn't have those tongs in an accessible spot. When I moved the wires around it seemed to be okay... I don't know why/how that did anything but I'm not complaining. When I plug my chord in it feels as if it is going to fall out because it glides in and out extremely smoothly but it never does. It hardly takes any force to pull it out too.

On my Squier P-Bass the chord takes more force to push it in / pull it out, which has me concerned for my Spector.

The point I am trying to make is that is there anything to be worried about as far as the electronics go and is there something wrong with my Jack or are most Spectors like that?

2. I think it is a common issue. Both my Euro 4 and 6 have got loose jack issues in the past. I've replaced them both and it isn't more than a $15 fix but it's strange it seems so common..