Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Spector Jason Newsted

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Limo, Apr 21, 2003.

1. Limo

Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    I've been wondering for some time now if someone owns a Spector Jason Newsted model??? I think they are very beautiful.
    [​IMG]

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Wow, that looks like a toy in his hands. I'm surprised he doesn't have a deal with Sadowsky by now.

3. Limo

Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    If you know or don't know he "recently" quit Metallica and was replaced by Robert Trujillo so a deal with Sadowsky is propably not in the picture;)
    I really would like to get in touch with someone who has this bass, I would be interested in buying it:bassist:

4. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Pah lease. He's not good enough to get free sadowskys. Don't be stupid.

Also, I don't think that there was a "Jason Newsted" model spector. maybe he some custom done....... but I have never heard of a "Jason Newsted" spector model.

I'm a spector die hard, but as always, I can be (and probably am) wrong.

5. Limo

Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    check this out http://spectorbass.com/NewFiles/modelhistory.html

I guess you've matched your met:D :confused: I mean.......:meh:

6. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    He's a lot better than half of the people out there with sig. models. Listen to the Voivod stuff-it's much better than Metallica. And hey, he already gets free Sadowskys because he orders so many, although I doubt the majority of kids who want the new Jason Newstead bass will shell out for a one.

7. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Wellllll howwwww dy.

Wonder why you never hear of them. Ever.

Guess when he left for the sadowskys they got whats his face from pantera. Rex Brown.

As far as pretty goes, I can't dig the horns on that spector.......give me a NS style body anyday.

8. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Not bad. I'd like to see a smaller lower horn, but other than that, I actually like that bass a fair amount. Wouldn't seek one out, but sure wouldn't turn it down if I was given one.

9. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    I was uh, I didn't REALLY mean,, uh,, it was a jo,,,, ah screw it.

10. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Quiet, you! Just post more pictures of your girlfriend! :D

jk ;)

11. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Well, not true, he got A free Sadowsky, he paid for the other 8 out of his own pocket at full sale price. Roger gave him that 9th one as a thank you, but he doesn't get free Sadowskys as a regular thing.

12. odie

odie Supporting Member

Obviously you dont know who is playing with Ozzie?? Do you??!!:spit: :D

13. Limo

Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    Damn you guys:mad: Spector!!!!;)

14. Limo

Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    Haha, they traded bassists :D How about that?

15. But back to the original question: I doubt anyone here owns a Spector JN model, because I doubt that more than a handful were made, and Newsted probably owns most of them. However, the Newsted model is basically just an SD model with a slightly longer lower horn. While the SD is also discontinued--it was never as popular as the NS--there are still enough of them around that you might have some shot at picking one up if you looked around hard.

Mike

16. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO

I agree, the NS is a much sleeker adn nicer lookin bass.:D

17. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    When Stuart Spector got back into the bass making biz (the Stuart Spector Design/SSD years) he tried to get a new design going, hence the SD model. Although he was still making NS models, the SD failed miserably and it wasn't long before he was back to the NS design being the bulk of his output.

18. Newsted ordered some more custom Sadowsky basses recently.

I think if I buy 8 Sadowsky instruments I too might get the 8th free. I'm up to 5!

19. Direct Box Rox

Direct Box Rox Silence = Deaf

Feb 12, 2012
    Brick, N.J.
    Does anyone currently own the Jason Newsted Spector model (JN)?

20. Topspin

Topspin What's my name again?

Dec 15, 2010
    Oklahoma
    I played Tom Sawyer with a pick once. Shame on me.
    This thread has a craving for brains.