Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Spector Legend 4 bubinga, anyone?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Nickthebassist, Nov 3, 2004.

1. Does anyone own one of these? I've heard I could porbably get one over here for around £300, and they look real quality on the site.....how o they play? What's build quality like? Thanks in advance. :)

2. milo

milo

Jul 22, 2004
    slovenia
    be patient.they must wake up.they have diferent time in america.
    but as i read on the net u wont get bad opinions.
    some will advice u to save money and buy rebop series and the others will advice u to buy the legend.
    AM I RIGHT ? LOL :p

3. milo

milo

Jul 22, 2004
    slovenia
  4. I LOVE the colour and shape of the legend bodies....it's just the perfect spector shape. I love it. I'm gonna try one out for its sound....I was thinking of getting a fiver, and having the frets ripped out. Then I'd have a fretless 5 string with a humbucker and jazz pickup. That'd add some spice to my bass collection, and at an affordable price.

5. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I dont really like the Legend shape. It isnt as carved or shaped as the czechs and usa's, but almost.

The quality is good though, almost par with the Czechs, probably actual equal with the Rebops, but probably a little underpar compared to the neck thrus, just my opinion.

6. Do they have the concave back? I like the shape....some spectors get a little too curvy IMO.

7. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Its alright. The body feel isn't great, but it sounds great.

8. Kool kool, I think I may invest in one. It'd be ag reat gigging bass, and if I had it made fretless, it'd add a nice dark mellow sound, which is what I want in the songs I use my 5 strings on. It'll also growl like mad.

9. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Cause you really need a new bass.....

10. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
  11. milo

milo

Jul 22, 2004
    slovenia
    jup but i dont know something.
    i live some 800 km away from czech republic where they are made and i must pay 1400 euro for 5 stringer bolt on.

in usa few 1000 km away it costs around 1000 $ to 1300 $ for 5 stringer bolt on.

stupid USA export taxes?

12. hehe, well I may sell 3 to fund it and a hartke cab. And I have my amp sorted, so that's not a worry.

13. milo

milo

Jul 22, 2004
    slovenia
    clik on all pictures specialy on black rebop5 on the bottom its a monster

14. Nice basses....no legends though :-( Has anyone got a pic of one, that isn't off the site?

15. Hmmm, that legend looks a bit funny. Mebbe it's the angle. And I can't afford a streamer, they cost upwards of £600 over here.