Spector Legend 4 questions

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mingus Dew, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Mingus Dew

Mingus Dew

Jul 8, 2005
    I just picked this bass up recently as a replacement for my MIM Pbass and I love it. I used it at the latest gig I had and I got tons of compliments from people on my sound. I have a few questions about it though since I've never had a bass with any sort of active electronics. About how long should I expect the battery to last? I play an average of at least 2-3 hours a day. Also, the actual pickups are passive(EMG-HZ's) so does that mean if the battery dies only the onboard preamp will stop working?
  2. Welcome to the Spector family. I dont know much, but I learned this much here. Always make sure you unplug your cable from your bass when not playing. Apparently, if the bass is plugged in, the electronics are "on", and this will drain your battery super fast. And no, if the active onboard preamp goes dead, then the whole electronic system is dead and you have an acoustic bass now. I just got a Spector Rebop, and I play mine about an hour a day, mine has not gone dead or shown any signs of weakness so far. I dont know how long it will last. Just remember to UNPLUG!
  3. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    Both of my main basses are active, so I try and replace their 9V's every 6 months or so. I leave a little Post-It in my case to remind me of when to change it next. Costs like $8 for 2 batteries, and I'm never worried. Just to be safe!!

I have a Legend 5- enjoy! :)