Spector Legend 4 String Bubinga

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by xcental34x, Jul 2, 2004.

1. xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Has anyone seen these around? I know they just came out this year, but I saw one on the Bass Place for $599 with a Bubinga Matte finish and was blown away by the looks. It for $499 on SamAsh.com, but not Matte finish. I'm really tempted to pursue one of these since I've been looking at alot of Spectors lately, and Warwicks, and this looks like a hyrbid of both. Anyone know the best place to get one from?

http://www.thebassplace.com/cgi-bin...start=30&template=Templates/SearchResult.html :bassist:
  2. I am local to the Bass Place, and am likely to get in there this weekend and perhaps check one out. Seems to me it's a cross between the NS-type and the growl of a Warwick Corvette STD bubinga, with PJ instead of JJ...if it's got a J-neck profile, I may be done for, but it's a Spector, so I know that it won't.
  3. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    That looks absolutely beautiful. I have been wanting another spector badly, abd that may be the way to go. Time to donate some plasma/blood!
  4. BenderR

Jun 1, 2004
    Tucson, AZ
    This would look great next to my "Vette.
  5. fragcon

Jun 23, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    what... where did this come from. looks awsome
    anyone played one?
  6. zbigniew

Nov 14, 2002
    Northern Iceland
    Sure looks great - what I'm surprised about is the price.
    Isn't this a pretty good price considering it is made in USA?
    Doesn't Spector have an off-shore made line at similar prices?

Ok sorry - after reading the ad better maybe only the pickups are made in USA?
  7. Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Yeah, I think it's just the pickups. :)
  8. fragcon

Jun 23, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Its a euro bass, so its made in europe somewhere. the pickups are EMG I guess made in the USA
  9. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Probably Czech, as Spector has a factory there. ;)
    but I dont think it would compete with my corvette 6 :p
  10. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    Sorry dude, the Legend series is made in Korea. Only the Euro's and Rebop''s and made in the Czech Republic.

The legend series is good. I have a Legend-6 in Bubinga, it's pretty cool. I also have 3 Euro basses. Besides the obvious differences it's a very good bass for the money. I can put you in touch with someone who can give you a really good deal on one if you are serious.

Yes, EMG pickups are made in the USA (California actually). and the Legend Series comes with EMG-HZ pickups.

A Legend-6 wouldn't really be able to compete with a Corvette-6. But, mine would. Why? Because it has an upgraded pre-amp (Spector Tone Pump, Standard on Euro's) and EMG 45-DC pickups (Standard on Spector USA 6-strings). So, $250 in upgrades and it will compete seriously.
  11. fragcon

Jun 23, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    oh my bad, yeah its in the korean line
  12. Rusty Chainsaw

Rusty Chainsaw

Oct 15, 2002
    The Cronx
    I like the look of the Legend 5-string in transparent black that they have on there - Spectors are rather difficult to get hold of here in the UK (Sound Control are the only distributor and they're not very good), I wonder if The Bass Place ship internationally? :)

Russ :bassist:
  13. GraffixNyc

May 3, 2004
    New York City
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    I just like neck thrus better. I found an older model that was made in Korea but had the neck thru I think it was the model before the Q5 it's the NS2000/5 I had found it online and it was brand new! I had a Q5 too and there was a huge difference. I think if I threw in real EMG's into my NS2000/5 and changed the pre amp my Korean made would sound just as good as my NS5CRFM.
  14. Rusty Chainsaw

Rusty Chainsaw

Oct 15, 2002
    The Cronx
    Further to my previous post, I ordered the Legend 5, and got it yesterday... very, very nice bass. US-standard hardware, great sounding pickups and preamp, comfortable neck and a flawless finish. And plenty of the trademark Spector growl and attack - I was worried that it wouldn't sound like a Spector, but my fears were unfounded! :D

Russ :bassist:
  15. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    The neck-through's are MUCH better, but also way more expensive. :)
  16. Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    These have the curved bodies, right?
  17. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    Yes, the Legend series has curved bodies, check out the pictures on a thread I posted. Search for "Spector Legend-6"
  18. cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses

Congratulations Russ! Any chance of some photos? :bassist: