Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Spector Legend 4

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by OblivionBass, Jul 3, 2005.

1. OblivionBass

OblivionBass

Jul 3, 2005
    Any one have any input on it? Its a bass I've been eyeing for awhile and thinking about getting soon..I still have to try it out and really take a look though.

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I hear theyre quite good. I owned a Q5 (legend 5 string replaced this) and the Q5 was good and the improvements they made with the legend (curved body) is the one thing i felt the Q5 was lacking, so the legends are probably very good.

3. Zebra

Zebra

Jun 26, 2005
    My friend has one that I played on a few occasions. It didn't do much for me. A decent bass, yes, but I think you could do better.

4. OblivionBass

OblivionBass

Jul 3, 2005
    Any other bass out there you can suggest then, around a 500-800 dollar range?

5. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
  6. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Rebops are great, ive played several and i feel they are the best value spector, followed by a used czech neck through. The rebops sound good and feel great as well.

7. OblivionBass

OblivionBass

Jul 3, 2005
    Aren't usually spectors mad expensive though?

8. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Spector USA models and Euro neck throughs are quite pricey but the Czech bolt ons (rebops) and the koreans are not too bad.

9. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
  10. invisiman

invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    I've got one, and really enjoy it. Definatley not a bass for anyonewho wants a vintage sound though. The EMG's give it a nice bright sound, but I haven't fiddeled with EQ much yet, other than maxing and lowering everything just for the heck of it.

Construction is solid, and my bass was hum free even with the treble turned all the way up, and the J pickup soloed.

If you have any more questions, feel fre too shoot me a PM :)