1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Spector Legend 5 - did I make a good choice?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RickBear, Apr 18, 2006.

1. RickBear

RickBear

Apr 18, 2006
    I couldn't play one before ordering it, but have played a Spector 4-string, and was amazed by how much easier and more fun it was to play than my beloved P. Played a few others, and liked the Corvette a bunch, but I took a chance on the Spector. Any thoughts?

2. I just bought one a couple months ago. If you're as cool as I am:) , you are going to love the way it plays, it's a very comfortable bass, and you're going to like the tone if you go for an aggressive sounding bass. The 3-band EQ is useful as well, it has a few good tones.
    What I don't like is, for whatever reason, it has a low output, meaning that you'll plug it in after playing your old bass, and you'll need to turn the volume up. Alot.
    Yours might be different. I have the one with the soapbar bridge pup and the single coil neck pickup. I really want to swap out the pickups and the preamp to get more power...
    I think you made a good decision, I think you'll like it. Just put some pot cleaner in the volume pot of your amp, so it doesn't get scratchy when you crank it.:D
    C7

3. I hope you like it, seeing as it is yours now. Even if you don't there's still nothing quite like the feeling of a new friend.

:cool:

4. rhythm

rhythm

Dec 4, 2005
    You can't go wrong with Spector.