Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Spector Legend 6: Help!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by The_Ryst, Apr 7, 2005.

1. So I'm looking at these, I've played a spector hollowbody, euro, rebop, and have liked them all. I have no idea how I could actually play one of these, and I'm curious what it's like? I'd like a 6, and I hear spector is the best for that price. (Plus I love spector.)

Are there any spector dealers in NC?

2. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    I'm sure there is. Legend 6 is an awesome bass but the finish is pretty weaks and scratches and dings very easily! great tone, great bang for buck. It has a fat neck so make sure you know that before buying one

3. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    larger, thick, not thin, kind of like a baseball bat....

4. Does anyone have a picture of theirs? And any measurements? I don't have monster hands, but I was able to manage the Ibanez Soundgear 6 I played. Is the neck much larger than that?

5. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I'm only 5' 2" and I can handle a 6 string. If I can handle a 6 string, everyone on this forum can probably handle a 6 string.

What kind of bass do you have now? Going from a 5 to a 6 is a piece of cake.

6. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    It's a fair amount larger, width and depth wise. Definitly try one before you buy one if you're used to that neck.

Ray

7. I don't own the soundgear six, I just played it at a store. See, I want an affordable spector and I've loved all the spectors I've played...I wish I could find somewhere to lpay one..

8. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Well, I have a Rebop 5, and have the following measurments:

Thickness at first fret (front to back)- 22mm
    Thickness at 12th fret (front to back) - 26mm

This is from the fretboard itself, not the fret.

So, it's just a little beefier than a Warwick (21mm, I believe), but a rounder profile. It's really beefy, C shaped neck. I personally love them. I'm sure the 6s are probably similar, just wider.

9. superflybass

superflybass Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2004
    La Crosse WI
    I own a legend six I really like it it is a good bang for the buck I moded the batters to be a 18 volt preamp and man that makes alothell of a lot more headroom

I would not say the neck is a baseball bat at all it is comfy to play but if you have never played or owned a 6er it is wierd but compaired to the other 2 6ers I have owned this one was the best so far

hope this helps
    Butler

10. I'm still at a loss as to how to play one. I live in NC, 1.5 hours away from Raleigh, where Guitar Center is.

11. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Buy one used. Worst case scenario, you're out shipping.