1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Spector Legend 6: Help!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by The_Ryst, Apr 7, 2005.

1. So I'm looking at these, I've played a spector hollowbody, euro, rebop, and have liked them all. I have no idea how I could actually play one of these, and I'm curious what it's like? I'd like a 6, and I hear spector is the best for that price. (Plus I love spector.)

Are there any spector dealers in NC?

2. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    I'm sure there is. Legend 6 is an awesome bass but the finish is pretty weaks and scratches and dings very easily! great tone, great bang for buck. It has a fat neck so make sure you know that before buying one

3. Define "Fat"

4. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    larger, thick, not thin, kind of like a baseball bat....

5. Does anyone have a picture of theirs? And any measurements? I don't have monster hands, but I was able to manage the Ibanez Soundgear 6 I played. Is the neck much larger than that?

6. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I'm only 5' 2" and I can handle a 6 string. If I can handle a 6 string, everyone on this forum can probably handle a 6 string.

What kind of bass do you have now? Going from a 5 to a 6 is a piece of cake.

7. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    It's a fair amount larger, width and depth wise. Definitly try one before you buy one if you're used to that neck.

Ray

8. I don't own the soundgear six, I just played it at a store. See, I want an affordable spector and I've loved all the spectors I've played...I wish I could find somewhere to lpay one..

9. Brendan

Brendan Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Well, I have a Rebop 5, and have the following measurments:

Thickness at first fret (front to back)- 22mm
    Thickness at 12th fret (front to back) - 26mm

This is from the fretboard itself, not the fret.

So, it's just a little beefier than a Warwick (21mm, I believe), but a rounder profile. It's really beefy, C shaped neck. I personally love them. I'm sure the 6s are probably similar, just wider.

10. superflybass

superflybass

Feb 16, 2004
    La Crosse WI
    I own a legend six I really like it it is a good bang for the buck I moded the batters to be a 18 volt preamp and man that makes alothell of a lot more headroom

I would not say the neck is a baseball bat at all it is comfy to play but if you have never played or owned a 6er it is wierd but compaired to the other 2 6ers I have owned this one was the best so far

hope this helps
    Butler

11. I'm still at a loss as to how to play one. I live in NC, 1.5 hours away from Raleigh, where Guitar Center is.

12. Brendan

Brendan Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Buy one used. Worst case scenario, you're out shipping.