1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Spector Legend 6 or Warwick GPS Corvette

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Batman!, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Batman!

Batman!

Oct 29, 2004
    Hey, TB,

Something has possessed me to want a bass I'm wholly underqualified to get, but I'm looking to acquire a mid-range 6 string. While I'd love a Yamaha TRB, I'm probably going with either the Warwick GPS Corvette 6 (ash; the bubinga is out of my range) or the Spector Legend 6 Classic. I'm looking for opinions to help my decision.

The Spector (Korea, I think) appears to be a great deal and some on here have said it't the best 6 for under $1500. Bonus points for replacing the pups & preamp. I'm guessing the German Teambuilt Warwick is going to have better build quality, but not sure if it's worth almost 2x as much as the Spector. I haven't played either, and the possibilities seem doubtful in my area. Youtube demos seem scarce for these models, as I've only been able to find 1 or 2 for each. They both sound great, imo. Never played a Spector and I currently own/love a 4-string Warwick, but I doubt it's a good comparison either way.

Looks like there are some "open box" new Warwicks, so that might help close the $ gap between the two by a few hundred.

Has anyone played either of these basses? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!