Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Spector Legend & 6 string basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DiG, Jul 10, 2005.

1. Ive been looking at 6 string basses for a while now, I like the Modulus Quantum 6, but thats a bit out of my price range and hard to find a newer model used.

So I've been checking out the Spector Legends, I heard lots of good things about Spectors, how do the Legends fare?

Basically what I'm asking is, should I go for a bass in the $1000 range, or should I save up and go for a Modulus or a boutique bass?

2. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Get a Spector...

...I like Moduli (?), but I've never played any instrument like my KOREAN Spectors...I've got a Czech one now that plays might fine as well...the US ones would probably blow my mind! :D

Alla dat to say, it comes down to your own personal opinion (though it sounds like it comes down to your wallet as well...), so A/B them if you can and then make your own choice, man!