Spector Legend, anyone have any thoughts, remarks?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by monkeybass68, Aug 25, 2013.

1. I'm considering picking up a used Korean made Spector Legend 4 string (EMG PJ pups, NS body). Before I do, just wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts or advice on them. Anyone have one now or previously had one?

2. Rod Harder

Rod Harder Forte Collector - not done yet Supporting Member

I've owned the previous series Legend basses, with the EMG-HZ pickups and the 3 band EQ, and currently own the Legend Classic 4X with the SSD pickups (Thunderbird shape) and they were/are both great basses. The Legend series basses are known for their easy playing necks and are a great way to get the Spector sound for an affordable price.
    Great necks, great tones and an excellent value for the money. Feel free to head on over to the Spector club and say hello, most of the members have owned or still own a Legend series and would be happy to answer any of your questions.

3. Thanks for the info & I will check out the Spector club. I've been wanting to get an NS-2 forever and this seems like it might be the most cost effective way to get something very close to it. My wife would agree to me getting this, but would kill me if I spent a ton of money on even a used NS-2. Hard to believe she'll even let me get yet another bass, but it was my birthday yesterday, so she seems a bit more open to it so I'm gonna jump on it while I can :)

4. I used to own a Korean 5 string Legend that was really nice playing and sounding. And really pretty! Not crazy about the bridges though as they can be a bit difficult to set up in my opinion. No saddle screws for setting intonation.

5. jaybass58

jaybass58

Mar 31, 2009
    chicago
    I've had 4 legends, and I highly recommend them...great playing and sounding.If you can find a legend custom used, even better..they are set neck not bolt on but they are no longer made.That's my main axe and I LOVE IT!!!

6. kbakerde

kbakerde Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Buy it, just Buy it!!!!!!

Stop thinking and get it, you won't regret it. See my Avatar Pic.

7. Bought it! Pics coming soon. Thanks for the feedback guys!!!

8. Here's a pic of it the seller posted of it on eBay:
    spector_zps9002c28d.jpg

9. Really excited about adding it to my herd (which will now be back up to an even 1/2 dozen now :bassist:)

10. msact

msact

Jan 8, 2013
    Somewhere in NJ
    Congrats! I have a legend 5 string. Very nice basses.

11. I have a 4 string. One if the nicest necks I've played. Great fretwork, gorgeous rosewood and really smooth.

12. kbakerde

kbakerde Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Very nice dude :)

13. Relayer71

Relayer71 Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2009
    NYC
    I've had my eye on that one the past few weeks! Congrats!

14. Thanks! I was watching it for awhile too. Lucky enough that it was still available when I got the funds together. Sorry u missed out on it, but not too sorry ;)

15. Relayer71

Relayer71 Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2009
    NYC
    That's ok, I got an awesome deal on a Rebop so I'm happy :hyper:

I'm now GASsing for a Legend in that holo-finish though - I prefer natural/wood finishes but there's something about that holo print on Black that does it for me (also think the White Spectors look great).

I'm just all GASsed up ATM! :D

16. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021