Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

spector "legend" bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dougray, Apr 23, 2005.

1. dougray

dougray Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2002
    western maryland
    pro's/con's,,? i am considering purchasing the 5 string version...
    thanx.

2. Broach_insound

Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    I actually just played the 5 string one today in Alto music and as you can see in my "Trip to Alto to test some basses" thread I thought It was unbelievabley bad. It is a beautifull bass and has a pretty nice feel aside from that it sounded and played like a tin can. The sound waas teth grinding and made me cringe with horror. Deffinately check out soem other basses in that price range! There are some good fenders in that range ex. geddy lee. Or even Ibanez and yamaha have some good ones or a MM S.U.B

3. dougray

dougray Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2002
    western maryland
    i'll probably get another lakland... i just wanted to hear opinions...thanx

4. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Go give one a spin... I took one for a test drive down here at Total Entertainment (man that place actually rocks!), and I found it to be a pretty good piece of wood! Of course, I may be biased ;).

Ray

5. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    cons: a little heavy, a little neckdive, my input jack died, the finish scratches and dents really easily

pros: the price is right, the tone is VERY right, the feel is pretty darn right,