Spector Legend, or G&L Tribute L2000?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by invisiman, May 29, 2005.

1. invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    Well, it's looking to be bass buying season for me again, and I'm looking for a 4 banger that has an excellent slap sound, but is also able to yield a whole variety of other useful tones when the need be. Unfrotunatley, I'm not in a position to be able to play either of these basses, so please be mindful of that when responding :)

Any and all help appreciated :bassist:
  2. 5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    I can't comment on the tribute, but the Legend should serve your purposes well. It has good zing and a can get a good variety of tones.
  3. invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    Bump for the midday TBers. :)
  4. I love both companies, and actually own the L2k tribute. I've played the spector though, and they're both quality basses

You should be aware though, the G&L has a monster neck. Pbass neck pretty much. So depending on how big your hands are, that might make a difference
  5. big evil robot

big evil robot

Feb 27, 2005
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    Innovations Music - Retailer
    i like the neck on the L2000 myself, they have excellent string spacing.
    But, I like spectors general layout and design better, and I find they have a clearer more cutting tone.
    I don't think I'd get the hang of the G&L switch system. Theres such a thing as too many options in my mind.
  6. coop

Jun 22, 2002
    My vote goes to the Tribute L2000. More versatile than a Swiss Army knife & cuts through the mix like a laser through toilet paper. Of course YMMV. :D
  7. invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    One last bump for the after work posse :) Thanks for the help so far guys!!

By the way, are the necks on Amercian G&L's comparable to the Tribute's necks?
  8. There is more than one option for the American necks

With an american, you can get the wide Pbass type neck. You can also get a slimmer Jazz bass neck
  9. invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    Ah, thanks for the heads up :)
  10. Obviously you should get the Spector.
  11. I've never met a Spector I didn't like...but Tributes are nice basses as well. I'd vote Spector, but I don't think you'll regret either purchase.