Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Spector Legend

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by darkfish01, Mar 14, 2005.

1. darkfish01

darkfish01

Feb 11, 2005
    San Marcos, Tx
    Hello all. I'm considering buying my first *expensive* bass (I say this because my other two basses have both been below $200), and I absolutely love the look of the Spectors. I've heard good things about this bass, and I would get the Repob except it's a little bit past what I'd like to spend, and the colors aren't as attractive to me. What do yall think? Is this a good idea? I'll be getting a four string in amber stain.

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Spectors are good basses, so i dont see how it could be a bad idea.

3. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    I'd recommend it. They are great basses. There are about 15 people before you who have asked this exact question so just do a search for "Spector Legend" and you'll get a lot more info.

4. Robman

Robman

Mar 19, 2004
    Sherman, Texas
    I received my Spector Legend 4 with Amberburst finish today.
    It plays and sounds just as good as the Euro 4 that I played a few months ago. I know the electronics, bridge, nut and the fact that the Euro was neck thru are different. But, for the money this bass is a sweet deal. Plays, feels and looks like it should cost well over $1000. I get to gig with it this Friday, I'm sure it'll do a fine job.
    :)

5. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    The first question I'd ask you is why it is, other than looks, that you want a Spector. A lot of people love them, and some people really don't.

I own one a US Spector NS-4 and can honestly say that while it's a nice bass and is in pristine condition, professionally set up by Carl Pedigo, head setup guru at Lakland. Nonetheless, there are a lot of other basses for the same money that blow it away.

6. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I just picked one up on ebay for a decent price. If it ever arrives, I will report. I did play one in a GC that impressed me, especially for a lower end bass.