1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Spector Legends

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ruffroka321, Jul 20, 2005.

1. ruffroka321

ruffroka321

Sep 13, 2004
    Massachusetts
    What do you guys have to say about either the Spector Legend 4 or the Legend 4 Bubinga Top Bass.

im lookin for a new bass and i love the sound of the spectors ive played but i have a some-what tight budget so ive pretty much narrowed it down to these.

If you have any suggestions instead of these, it has to be a 4-string.

if you to go check them out, musicians friend and check them out, they have them for only $550 each. :bassist:

- thanks

2. invisiman

invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    I have one. Great bass, but not great for a vintage sound.

3. Zebra

Zebra

Jun 26, 2005
    A friend has one that he brought in to do some stuff with for school. It sounds decent, I didn't really get to fiddle with the controls much. It never made me think "wow" or anything, seemed pretty blah to me for what it was. I also was disappointed with the string tension, which was floppy for a 4 string. He paid too much for that one too, about 300 over the price he should have gotten it for. :meh:
    Is there a GC around you? The ones around here have them around, so you could probably try it out yourself.

4. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I like spectors in general. The Legends are very well put together and nice basses for the price....IF, you like your bass to sound like
    "CLANK CLANK CLANK CLANK". They have a very harsh and brittle high end.

5. Hey Invisiman,
    Glad to hear you're digging the new bass!! - Spectors are like crack for bassists, you WILL be back for more :D

6. invisiman

invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    Haha, I can't complain if I'm in for more of the same :D Hopefully I'll be down in your shop next month too, so try to have a 6 string Legend or two around ;)

7. I disagree, not all Spector basses have the same tone - try a Rebop, the HZ pickups and Alder body are warmer and more mid-strong than the Euro Neck Thru basses.
    PILE DRIVINGLY WARM some might say :D

8. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Agreed completely HarderMan. I was saying the Legends sound like CLANK CLANK, not all Spectors. I've owned and played other Spectors that sounded great.