Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Spector Legends

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ruffroka321, Jul 20, 2005.

1. ruffroka321

ruffroka321

Sep 13, 2004
    Massachusetts
    What do you guys have to say about either the Spector Legend 4 or the Legend 4 Bubinga Top Bass.

im lookin for a new bass and i love the sound of the spectors ive played but i have a some-what tight budget so ive pretty much narrowed it down to these.

If you have any suggestions instead of these, it has to be a 4-string.

if you to go check them out, musicians friend and check them out, they have them for only $550 each. :bassist:

- thanks

2. invisiman

invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    I have one. Great bass, but not great for a vintage sound.

3. Zebra

Zebra

Jun 26, 2005
    A friend has one that he brought in to do some stuff with for school. It sounds decent, I didn't really get to fiddle with the controls much. It never made me think "wow" or anything, seemed pretty blah to me for what it was. I also was disappointed with the string tension, which was floppy for a 4 string. He paid too much for that one too, about 300 over the price he should have gotten it for. :meh:
    Is there a GC around you? The ones around here have them around, so you could probably try it out yourself.

4. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I like spectors in general. The Legends are very well put together and nice basses for the price....IF, you like your bass to sound like
    "CLANK CLANK CLANK CLANK". They have a very harsh and brittle high end.

5. Hey Invisiman,
    Glad to hear you're digging the new bass!! - Spectors are like crack for bassists, you WILL be back for more :D

6. invisiman

invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    Haha, I can't complain if I'm in for more of the same :D Hopefully I'll be down in your shop next month too, so try to have a 6 string Legend or two around ;)

7. I disagree, not all Spector basses have the same tone - try a Rebop, the HZ pickups and Alder body are warmer and more mid-strong than the Euro Neck Thru basses.
    PILE DRIVINGLY WARM some might say :D

8. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Agreed completely HarderMan. I was saying the Legends sound like CLANK CLANK, not all Spectors. I've owned and played other Spectors that sounded great.