Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Spector Mods

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by basslax, Aug 29, 2001.

1. basslax

basslax

Apr 20, 2000
    Washington, DC
    i just had the bright idea to modify my bass instead of buying a new one and was wondering if anyone has done the same. I have a Spector NS-2000/4 and thought i would start with new pickups but if anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. Im getting into more jazz so i need a different sound. What kind of pu's would work? My funds arent quite (not even close) up the the warwick price range yet so ill have to seek alternatives of buying new.

thanks
    basslax

2. Basslax,

I'm gonna move this to Setup since it's about mods. If you're interested in pickups specifically, you may want to try that forum as well. :)

3. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    i dont know man, i wouldn't change a thing. I'm pretty sure spector puts about the highest quality stuff in their basses. I have a american/ korean one. Its a long story but apprently my bass was made in new york for a short time while they did their overseas stuff here? Dunno but ive never seen one exactly like mine. I didn't have any intrest in changing a thing on mine. IF u really dig a warwick( which is pretty much the same vibe) you could replace the spector pickups with MEC's, which are what is in warwicks. I have one of the real big nice bridges so thats fine. I did notice that my tuning heads kinda suck, so you might think about that. Find a pickup company that lets you exchange pickups after you try them so you won't be stuck with a set.