1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Spector NS-2 JA-R 2009 Limited Edition Reduced $900

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by johndb, Jan 5, 2017.

1. johndb

johndb Bass is the Place! Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Illinois
    Price:
    Strings:
    Price reduction to $900 Shipped CONUS, PayPal only. No trades...SALE only, please.

Up for Sale is my Spector NS-2 JA-R. Made in 2009 it is a Czech made tribute to the 1983 Model NS-2JA bolt on neck basses made in the legendary Brooklyn Workshop. There were only 83 of these made in white so this is a special limited edition bass

This bass was upgraded by the previous owner (johnsonabq) with brand new Hipshot Ultralite tuners w/drop tuner and the preamp was replaced with a Darkglass Tone Capsule featuring three band EQ. Plus it had a professional set up. I also pirated most of his text and photos.

I have too many 4 string Spectors, so this needs to go to help fund a 5 string purchase.

FEATURES:
    Hipshot Ultralite tuners in chrome.
    Hipshot Bass extender key on the E string.
    Darkglass Tone Capsule preamp (oh yeah!).
    Original Leo Quan BadAss Bridge (like the old school Brooklyns).
    EMG active jazz pickups.
    High gloss white finish.
    New Spector Gig Bag.
    Very light weight @ 7.9 lbs.
    Dunlop Straplock buttons

Full disclosure...

A previous owner moved the rear strap button over by the output jack. When it was move back of course that left a hole which I have filled with a pickup screw which I thought looked much better than the hole.
    It also has a second, recessed Dunlop button near the other non-recessed button for an alternate strap position.

There is a small ding at the top to the headstock (typical) and a very minor dent next to the bridge. There are also a couple of dings on the treble side of the neck that are very hard to see and I don't feel at all when playing.

I have tried to show all these in the pics below. These are Jeff's photos of the actual bass.

jar1.
    jar3. jar2. jar4. jar6. jar5.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  2. johndb

Jul 3, 2014
    Illinois
    This picture shows the added recessed Straplok button.

petch, Snowglo and vin088xk1 like this.
  3. Want!

tomydacat likes this.
  4. Holdsg

Holdsg I should be practicing Gold Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Alta Loma, CA
    I've owned two different ones of these. both white....ah, those were good times....GLWTS

tomydacat and johndb like this.
  5. johndb

Jul 3, 2014
    Illinois
    It's a great bass...and really light. Plus it has the Darkglass TC in it and the upgraded tuners/ Hipshot extender.

iceboxbass likes this.
  6. johnsonabq

johnsonabq Watch out where the huskies go... Supporting Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Albuquerque, NM
    This bass kills (I should know). VERY lightweight, great tone, and plays like buttah. John is a great guy too. Buy with confidence!

iceboxbass and johndb like this.
  7. johndb

Jul 3, 2014
    Illinois
    Still for sale, still awesome!

8. johndb

Jul 3, 2014
    Illinois
    Price reduction to $900 shipped in the CONUS

9. bassfreakah

bassfreakah

Mar 26, 2011
    Endorsing Artist Ernie ball strings
    so so PHAT!!!!!!!!!!!! Makes me break out my old police records!!!!! Very KILLER!! Come on tax return.

10. johndb

Jul 3, 2014
    Illinois
    Had a potential buyer, but it didn't work out. Still available, will do $850 shipped for this week. Continental US shipping only, please

JaseBass70 likes this.
  11. johndb

Jul 3, 2014
    Illinois
    Come on, people! It's got a hard to find Badass bridge like the old Brooklyn basses, an added Darkglass Tone Capsule preamp ($200), chrome Hipshot Ultralight tuners and the matching D-tuner (around $150 total). Nice upgrades to an already great bass. Comes with a Spector gig bag.

12. johndb

Jul 3, 2014
    Illinois
    Sold !

13. BilliSixx

BilliSixx

Dec 9, 2014
    Thank you John ! Bass is great ! Great buying experience !