Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Spector NS-2000Q6

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bolbol, Sep 5, 2005.

1. Bolbol

Bolbol

Sep 5, 2005
    Hey!

Somebody that plays a Spector NS-2000Q6?

I have been playing 4-stringed bass for a while now and I think that a 6-stringed would fit my style. Have looked for a couple of basses now and the Spector NS-2000Q6 seems to be really good.

How is the NS-2000Q6?

Thanks for answers!

2. I have one in Amberburst. Awesome bass for the money. I started with a five and moved right into this and it was a welcome change. Great thick tone, unmatched by any other bass in it's price range IMHO. I play with Smith Rock Master Medium Strings and it's a nice darker sound, bright where you need it though. Thinking about upgrading the pickups and taking out the frets from the 12th up.

3. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    I have one as well and I like it quite a bit. I would recommend upgrading the electronics to 18v, though, as it can sound thin otherwise.

It plays very well (has a comfortable neck) and it is well made. My only beef with it is that the tone can be too "clicky" for my tastes, thanks to the EMG-HZ and/or EMG preamp.

4. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Hey, swap out those HZs for a DC in the neck spot and a CS at the bridge, you'll be much happier!

5. Planet Boulder

Nov 10, 2001
    Not knowing a whole lot about EMGs, I'm wondering if those are active pickups (vs. the passive HZs). If so, wouldn't I also have to swap out the preamp?

6. RevGroove

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    no...the preamp should be an EMG BT, which works perfectly...and you can use the same 9v...though I suggest adding a second 9 volt battery IN SERIES (not parallel) for extra headroom...

7. Planet Boulder

Nov 10, 2001
    Good to know - thanks Rev! You've offered lots of good advice on these boards and it is much appreciated!

I did the 18-volt upgrade a few months ago, so I'll look at the pickups you recommended.

Thanks again!

8. RevGroove

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    NEtime!