Spector NS-2A Price

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mazinger, Mar 21, 2003.

1. Mazinger

Mazinger Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2002
    Anyone know how much these cost when new?

What's a fair price for a used one (in very good condition w/ case) today?
  2. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Hey dude, I saw your post last night and was going to reply, but forgot :eek: I have owned the following Spectors: Three Korean NS-2a's, a Korean NS-2000/5, a czech 5'er, and lastly a USA Kramer era NS-2. I'm still WAY behind Nino's stats, but I've still had enough to make Polly envious :D

Anyway, to answer your questions. These were made in the Kramer era of Spector ownership, an I believe they sold for about 800-900 new, retail being in the $1200 range. I can only tell you used rates based on what ebay has them going for, which has fluctuated quite a bit over the last couple of years. Low prices being in the $300's, to a high of $600 range. Normally, you can pick up a nice one in the area of $450, in good shape with case.

I personally feel the 2a's are some of the best values to be found on the Spectors, second only to the czech series....you can find some real deals on these from time to time, and need no mods to be great.....but those are a different price range.

What I like about the 2a's are, they are nice and light, especially in comparison to the czech and USA models I have owned. I'd take one of these over any 2000 series any day of the week, but thats IMO. The drawbacks: pickups and electronics pretty much suck, and you have to be a fan of black hardware, as they all have them. The good news is, that you can find gold hardware online, if you wanted to go with the gold, like the higher end.

I'd myself like to pick one of these up, to make some minor mods mentioned above, and would have a KILLER bass for relatively low-buck (are you listening pollybass?)

Hope I have been helpful, if you have any more questions, I'd be glad to help. Good luck in your search!
  3. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    If you have owned but one, I am envious!!!

And yes I am,,,,Ive been looking for the mentioned basses on ebay and elsewhere for a long time. Thanks for the info though.
  4. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
  5. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio