1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Spector NS-2J vs. Lakland 4-94

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SgtKoi, Feb 17, 2008.

1. SgtKoi

SgtKoi

Oct 27, 2007
    Hi again,

I'm not so sure about the 'Wick Dolphin, and I've always been a fan of Lakland, and people in my other post told me about the 4-94. How would it compare to the Spector? I've heard that the Lakland is more versatile, but I'm not sure. I like the MM humbucker in the bridge in the Lakland, but I love the Spector.

Thx

Roy

2. fishsome

fishsome

Dec 17, 2003
    Chicagoland Area
    Go check out a Lakland and go check out the Spectors you like. AB the two and see what fits you and feels better to you. Both are amazing basses. I plan on owning both sometime soon.

3. SgtKoi

SgtKoi

Oct 27, 2007
    I don't know of any stores where i can compare them side by side!

4. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I've just picked up a Spector bass this week and it's amazing. I've always been a huge fan of Spector, and as much as I like Lakland, I'd have to recommend the Spector.

5. SgtKoi

SgtKoi

Oct 27, 2007
    Anyone 1 no any stores I So Cal that have Spectors and Lakland's? I really want to compare the NS-2J and the 4-94 or the 44-02

Roy

6. SgtKoi

SgtKoi

Oct 27, 2007
    Bump

7. fishsome

fishsome

Dec 17, 2003
    Chicagoland Area
    try a google search? I'm sure there is something by you... you may not be able to AB but should be able to find them somewhere around you.

8. tycobb73

tycobb73

Jul 23, 2006
    Grand Rapids MI
    go to harmony central. they have reviews of both there. From what I remember reading them, the review on the 2J was that it really isn't a bass that sits in the mix well but is great soloing. The lakland around here is known as being very versatile and can get any sound. The big difference between the 02 and 94 is going to be the neck finish. The satin finished will just feel different. The basses should have the same woods and electronics. Also, the 94 has been known to have a littie tighter contral on weight variences but when I called lakland they denied this and gave me the same weight variences for an 02 and 94.