spector ns-2j

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by clouddead, Nov 27, 2003.

1. clouddead

Jan 15, 2003
    looking at a spector ns-2j usa bolt on. the same exact one that gary tallent is holding on the artist page of the spector site. just wanted to know what the going price for one of these things are and some reviews. i have done some searches and not much turned up for this specific bass.
  2. pistoleroace

Sep 13, 2002
    cloud - I noticed that you are from Orlando, FL, why don't you check out the big, bad bass store in your hometown, they happen to be one of, if not the biggest Spector dealership in the US.
  3. fourstring44

Jul 22, 2003
    St. Louis
    I had a natuaral NS2J. Great modern sounding bass, lots of zing, not so hot in the meat and potatos pocket grove thing though. They don't seem to do well in the used market. mine was like new and it barley brought $800, but I would certainly have another in a minute, if the price was right.
  4. clouddead

Jan 15, 2003
    oh. i have gone and tried some spectors, wanted to know what others thought of it. and also i didnt get to try the exact model. i got to try lots of euros, and usa's. but not the 2j pickup config.
  5. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY

I had the 5 string version. Cool bass, nice and light, etc. Not my thing but certainly a well made bass. Check one out

6. Fran Diaz

Fran Diaz

Mar 28, 2002
    Santander, Spain
    As Rob has said, a feather weight bass. Garry told me that that was one of the reasons why he used it live, he used to play a MM StingRay in the 70's that were like 13 pounds. Not the best for a 3-4 hours show.
    It soundedgood in this last tour.

keep groooovin'