1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Spector ns-5 vs deluxe jazz?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Oknarb, Jun 7, 2002.

1. Oknarb

Oknarb

Jun 7, 2002
    Hi everybody,
    I was wondering what everyone's opinion is on deluxe jazz V versus an ns-5 american.

I only play bass when i record so its not for a live sound. I have an expensive ns-5 american and it just doesnt seem to be to my liking. I mainly do neosoul, funk, groove, a la: sade, maxwell, me'shell Ndegeocello, etc...

An acquaintence of mine, who is an A list session and touring bass player swears by Fender Jazz for studio work. He plays a 7-string Ken Smith live. He plays the same kind of style

So I have been pondering exchanging my spector for something else. Maybe a Jazz. I wanted to hear some of your feedback. Thanks Much

2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    You've answered your own question. If you're looking to spend $3000+ on a USA Spector & you want a Jazz bass, why not look into a Sadowsky? www.sadowsky.com I own 2 Sadowsky 5 strings & I recently recorded with one & it is THE bass sound I've been looking for.

3. icks

icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    between the Jazz and the spector I definitly take the Jazz !

4. Freakapotamus9

Freakapotamus9

Jun 20, 2001
    Nebraska
    ..this coming from a man with much experience with Spector

good idea nino!

might look into Lakland as well.

5. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Or...if you really want a Fender, did you ever consider Fender?

I love my Spector. But, if it's not doing it for you, why would you continue with it?

6. Oknarb

Oknarb

Jun 7, 2002
    Thanks for naming a few makes. I'll check them out.