1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Spector NS JH 5, US bolt on, MUST sell...

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by cheezewiz, Sep 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    OK, yes, this is the same bass you saw up for grabs for the last few weeks, and the same one that was traded last week. Due to a series of events, she's back up for sale, at a LOW price.

We've been having heavy wind and rain here the last few days (no, nothing like those of you in Texas, but heavy regardless). My mother is 77 years old, and lives on a Catholic School Retirement Pension, which you can imagine, is not much. The wind and rain severely damaged her roof, and she needs repairs and doesn't have the money. Even if insurance covers, which we are hoping, she still has quite a large deductable. I was pondering selling the Sadowsky MS5 I just obtained to offset the cost.

Then, I check my mail this morning, and find the TB'er I traded this bass too flaked on the deal and demanded his Sadowsky back. I'm not about to do a deal that leaves anyone with bad feelings, so the Sadowsky is going back to him, and the Spector coming back to me.

I am pricing this bass at $1500 shipped or best cash offer! in the lower 48. Most of you know that is WAY below market value for this bass.

At this point, I can't do trades, because the majority of the money will be going to Mom.

As for the bass....it's an almost new Spector NS JH5. It has an EMG BQC System preamp, an active EMG J in the center position, and an EMG DC in the bridge position. The bass will also come with the EMG TW that was originally in the bridge position, and the Spector Tone Pump preamp originally came in the bass. The bass will ship in a Spector gig bag. The body is mahogany, the fingerboard pau ferro, and the neck maple. As you can see, it has a really stunning buckeye burl top.

There is one mar on the bass, on the back, where the tech who changed the preamp and pickup for me dropped a bit of solder.

Keep in mind, I do not have this bass back yet. If someone jumps immediately, I will have the TB'er I traded to ship it directly to you. If not, it will come back to me and I'll ship it out as soon as someone jumps.

100_0106.

100_0107.

100_0103.

100_0104.

100_0105.

2. Eminor3rd

Eminor3rd BLAAAAARRGGHH!!

Feb 10, 2008
    NYC
    Good luck bump. I would love to take this from you, but I cannot.

3. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Trade offers accepted, but I must clear at least $600 cash in the deal.

4. bgartist

bgartist Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Are you sure the body is walnut? I thought they were mahogany. Do you have the original push/pull pot for the EMG TW?

5. tomd03

tomd03

Oct 8, 2004
    Alberta Canada
    Ach, I really should not be passing this up....
    Free bump though, great bass for amazing price.
    I wish all the best in the repairs to your mothers place though!

6. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Nice catch. My mistake entirely. The body IS mahogany. I'll correct it in the original post. I do have the TW push pull pot, still connected to the tone pump preamp.

7. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Genzler Amplification/Spector Basses/Mojo Hand FX
    Man...I already have two USA Bolt-on 5's, or I would be all over this...

8. Captain_Arrrg

Captain_Arrrg

Jan 23, 2008
    Mountains of Colorado
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    You will absolutely not find a US BO of this caliber for any less- If anything the price is too low for what you're getting.

Do it. You know you want to, and it is the sensible thing to do....

9. bgartist

bgartist Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    PMed!

10. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    PM returned.

11. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    TtT

12. tomd03

tomd03

Oct 8, 2004
    Alberta Canada
    PM Sent

13. dsDodgers

dsDodgers Banned

Sep 7, 2008
    sunny so cal
    hows the B? never played a spector

14. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    The B is just fine. No problems there.

15. tomd03

tomd03

Oct 8, 2004
    Alberta Canada
    Another PM sent :p

16. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    On hold for Tomd03 for a few days.

17. Poon

Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Does this mean, you can buy my M5-24?

:D

18. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Well, depending on if the Spector deal happens, and how much money my Mom is going to need, it indeed, may mean that!

19. Sweet baby Jesus! Someone buy this thing!

20. bobunit

bobunit I'm here. Now what? Supporting Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Idaho
    I think it did sell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.