Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Spector NS-JH5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MrFortuneCookie, Jun 11, 2001.

1. For anyone interested, BassNW has a new Spector NS-JH5 fretless for sale. As in, American series bolt-on fretless and they're asking $1599.00 + shipping.

2. I really feel fortunate to have the gear I have. I was able to obtain it working overtime. Unfortunately, overtime is a thing of the past in my department now. if I could work O.T. then I'd be on this bass like sh*t on fly!!! For those who can afford it currently, don't pass on it because a new fretless bolt-on Spector is a rarity and way less expensive than a fretless neck-through USA that is much easier to obtain! Thanks for speading the word on this for it will be a perfect bass for someone!!!

3. No problem. I would have taken it myself, but i unfortunately don't have the money to go wasting on it. I mean trust me, i would have grabbed it like a bat out of H***. I was like admiring it. I actually considering selling my other one to get it, but i think i'm better off sticking with the fretted bass for my music. Like i will have a fretless too, but when it comes down to picking either fretted or fretless, for my style, fretless is the one. :( I have so much GAS right now. But like Mr. Dead said, don't pass this one up, it's too good an offer.

4. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    It would have been cool to me if i didnt order the same bass but 5 string and fretted! Got 5 more weeks to go before its here its bieng made now! Its alive!

5. Eric,
    You're making a wise decision. As for comparing tonalities between the US bolt-on series, Czech neck-through and US neck-through series. The US bolt-on are usually considered a more "woody" tone because you'll usually find them with an oiled finish, colored or natural. With all things being equal (oiled or stained) between the series, the neck-through (US and Czech) are going to be punchier and brighter because they are solid figured maple. The US bolt-on that have fully swamp ash bodies are going to have less brightness and a melower tone. The figured top US bolt-ons are going to have more top end than the non figured top US bolt-ons. All of these series of Spectors are going to have a heavy mid frequecy factor, however, that will cut through the mix with ease with the assistance of EMG active pickups.

6. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Yep its the swamp ash with the optional aguiler gear!