1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Spector ns?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ericf1, Feb 17, 2014.

1. ericf1

ericf1

Jul 18, 2013
    Years ago I had a Spector Ns2 and sold it (foolishly). Now, I don't want to spend the money to buy another, but would like to find a bass with a neck profile close to the Spector. Anyone have a recommendation?

2. Never played a spector ns2 before but if i had to guess, the spector performer series would be the closest thing.

3. Look at a Spector NS2A. They're discontinued Korean neck thrus just like the USA NS2.

4. TinIndian

TinIndian Supporting Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Micco Florida
    You can get a Spector Euro LX used for a little more than a grand. Dont know what you have for a budget.

5. ericf1

ericf1

Jul 18, 2013
    Not a fan of the performer series......they just don't feel right. Was hoping for a "cheap" bass with a neck like the Ns2, as reference, I am looking at the blacktop jazz price point.

6. MDBass

MDBass Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Spector-Dingwall-Aguilar-DR-Tech 21-Darkglass
    Keep an eye out for an NS-2A, preferably with active EMG's and the Korean Haz preamp...similar neck to a Kramer era NS-2 and 90% of the way to US NS-2 tone for a fraction of the cost ;)

7. gene beauchamp

gene beauchamp Supporting Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Laurel,DE.
    There is a black ns2a on here fore sale. I still prefer the euro. A lot more refined.