Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

spector ns2-a

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by hyperlitem, Sep 29, 2003.

1. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    i know a couple of you have run across these and liked them. I finally decided to get the emg pj setup. what i thought was in this bass was passive emg designed pickups and an active circuit. Is this right? By putting active pickups in this bass i will have an actice circuit with actice pickups. Im thinkin this will be 2 batteries, 3 if i run it at 18 volts. Or do i even want to run it at 18 volts. Let me know if anyone knows anything about this.

2. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    help please my bass doesnt work cuz i cant figure this out

3. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Okay, according to the installation notes for my EMG-40DCs, one nine volt battery will run both EMG active pickups and active tone circuit, but 2 wired in series for a total of 18 volts is recommended. You don't need to try to stuff 3 batteries in there...

4. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    thanks much, thats a big help actually, i think i may just have the pickups wired backwards now, thanks

5. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    If you go to EMG pickups , you should be able to find a wiring diagram that shows how you would wire EMG's with an active onboard preamp/tone circuit. Good luck!