1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

spector NS2-B bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kontogiannis, May 26, 2005.

1. kontogiannis

kontogiannis

Dec 17, 2004
  2. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    just out of curiosity whats the difference between a ns-2a and a ns-2b? Its not a great pic but they look the same. I have a ns-2a thought and its a pretty cool bass.

3. todd 4ta

todd 4ta

Apr 3, 2003
    Indiana
    (I know this was an old thread, but I had a question after searching)

I just got an '89 or so NS-2A today.

To the best of my knowledge, the NS-2A has a contoured or curved back, where the NS-2B has a 'flat' back.They are both neck-thru.

My NS-2A came with the preamp removed, set up as passive (vol-vol-tone). What type of preamp was in these originally? I'm pretty sure it was 2-band, were the controls vol-vol or vol-blend?

I'll probably drop an Aquilar OBP-1 in, I have a spare and it would probably be just the right thing.

4. DGbass70

DGbass70

Jun 1, 2005
    Rochester N.Y.
    i think another difference is the hardware..
    i have 2 NS2A'S and they came with a V-V-T-B...boost and cut for the T AND B.
    OBP1 would do just fine it will work just like the SPECTOR TONE PUMP available on most of the EURO'S

5. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    This is absolutely correct. The A bodies were fully contoured like the USA models whereas the B's and C's were flat. The C was the only bolt-on body. The B's and C's had a switch in addition to the v-v-t-t knobs. The hardware on the A, B and C's are all the same.