Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

spector NS2-B bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kontogiannis, May 26, 2005.

1. kontogiannis

kontogiannis

Dec 17, 2004
  2. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    just out of curiosity whats the difference between a ns-2a and a ns-2b? Its not a great pic but they look the same. I have a ns-2a thought and its a pretty cool bass.

3. todd 4ta

todd 4ta

Apr 3, 2003
    Indiana
    (I know this was an old thread, but I had a question after searching)

I just got an '89 or so NS-2A today.

To the best of my knowledge, the NS-2A has a contoured or curved back, where the NS-2B has a 'flat' back.They are both neck-thru.

My NS-2A came with the preamp removed, set up as passive (vol-vol-tone). What type of preamp was in these originally? I'm pretty sure it was 2-band, were the controls vol-vol or vol-blend?

I'll probably drop an Aquilar OBP-1 in, I have a spare and it would probably be just the right thing.

4. DGbass70

DGbass70

Jun 1, 2005
    Rochester N.Y.
    i think another difference is the hardware..
    i have 2 NS2A'S and they came with a V-V-T-B...boost and cut for the T AND B.
    OBP1 would do just fine it will work just like the SPECTOR TONE PUMP available on most of the EURO'S

5. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    This is absolutely correct. The A bodies were fully contoured like the USA models whereas the B's and C's were flat. The C was the only bolt-on body. The B's and C's had a switch in addition to the v-v-t-t knobs. The hardware on the A, B and C's are all the same.