Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Spector NS2000 Q5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by anotherbassist, Aug 18, 2004.

1. Hey
    I just picked a new one of these up at the store and was wondering what everyones opinions of them were? I love it and I think I got a bargain on it since it was only $240?

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    You got one for $240? Thats insane. Thats less than they usually go for used.

I have one as well. Good bass. I put Lakland flatwounds on mine.

What color did you get?

3. Im not really good with colors (Im partly color blind) but its like a grayish blue? Anyway I think the store had just had a big sale and that one didnt sell so thats why it was so cheap.

4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Heh, k nevermind then.

Woot for colorblindness.

You probably got the blue stain one though, makes sense. Can you find a picture of one online thats the same color?

5. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Jeez, that price is maddening. Awesome deal!

6. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Sweet deal! They're slowly being replaced by the new Spector Professional Series Legend basses, but it's insane (as said above) to get them at that price!

I defretted mine and modded the preamp to 18v....plus I have the neck through version...still looking for another one...

7. cetera

cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    That's a great bass at an amazing price!!! :eek:

Congratulations! :D

8. WoodyG3

WoodyG3

May 6, 2003
    Colorado, USA
    Welcome to the Spector owners club!

9. I dont really know much about electronics, but what exactly does making the preamp 18 volts do?

10. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    Past few months have been an AWESOME time to pick up spectors.. Due to the legend series replacing a couple of other basses, stores are selling em dirt cheap.

11. Nice score! I would've chimed in earlier on this, but my mouse has been a p(#*@ of $(#* the last couple of days. Anyway, enjoy and rock on.

12. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Check this site out, and all will be made clear...

EMG mod link