Spector NS20004 Ibanez

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mazinger, Jan 11, 2003.

1. Mazinger

Mazinger Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2002
    USA
    I've been real interested in Spectors lately.

How does the Korean neck-thru Spector compare to an Ibanez SR800? Anyone ever play both before and can compare?

I believe this model Spector is a NS2000?

Q is the bolt on model. Right?

2. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    They dont compare, the spector is ten times better. i love ibanez, but even i will admit that the spector is better. and your right, the "q" series is crap.. i mean.... bolt on. get the neck thru,, you will not be dissapointed, its a GREAT bass.

3. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    The current Professional Series Bolt on is labelled as Q series, and the Neck Thru is Pro series...previously, they were labelled (i.e) 2000Q5 and 2000/5 respectively.

I have both of the above basses I used as an example, and while I prefer the neck through, the bolt on is also a very fine bass! And yes, either one is many times over better than an Ibanez.

4. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA

You mean..... Ibanez......right?:confused:

5. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    I'm pretty sure he does or else that post wouldn't mean much..lol..I have played several ibanez's ( a few costing significantly more than my spector Q5) and I have always felt the spectors have a much richer tone. The neckthrough is a great sounding bass, but the bolt on is a nice instrument as well.

6. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Yeh, I meant Ibanez...LOL!

7. Chap

Chap

May 27, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV
    I have the SR800 Ibanez and I love the thing. The neck is real thin and is easy to get all over the neck. How does the neck from the Spector 2000/4 (I'm thinking of buying it) compare the the neck of the SR800?