Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Spector NS20004 Ibanez

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mazinger, Jan 11, 2003.

1. Mazinger

Mazinger Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2002
    USA
    I've been real interested in Spectors lately.

How does the Korean neck-thru Spector compare to an Ibanez SR800? Anyone ever play both before and can compare?

I believe this model Spector is a NS2000?

Q is the bolt on model. Right?

2. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    They dont compare, the spector is ten times better. i love ibanez, but even i will admit that the spector is better. and your right, the "q" series is crap.. i mean.... bolt on. get the neck thru,, you will not be dissapointed, its a GREAT bass.

3. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    The current Professional Series Bolt on is labelled as Q series, and the Neck Thru is Pro series...previously, they were labelled (i.e) 2000Q5 and 2000/5 respectively.

I have both of the above basses I used as an example, and while I prefer the neck through, the bolt on is also a very fine bass! And yes, either one is many times over better than an Ibanez.

4. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA

You mean..... Ibanez......right?:confused:

5. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    I'm pretty sure he does or else that post wouldn't mean much..lol..I have played several ibanez's ( a few costing significantly more than my spector Q5) and I have always felt the spectors have a much richer tone. The neckthrough is a great sounding bass, but the bolt on is a nice instrument as well.

6. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Yeh, I meant Ibanez...LOL!

7. Chap

Chap

May 27, 2002
    Reno, NV
    I have the SR800 Ibanez and I love the thing. The neck is real thin and is easy to get all over the neck. How does the neck from the Spector 2000/4 (I'm thinking of buying it) compare the the neck of the SR800?