Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Spector NS4-CRFM; trade!

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by djphil, Sep 29, 2003.

1. 2001 natural finish, mint condition 4 string neck-through Spector Czech/Euro bass. I'm looking to trade it for a Spector Euro/Czech 5, in blue, natural, green, or dark cherry finish. They have the same book value, approx ($10-25 difference, which I can pay if necessary), so it works out Ok. I have plenty of pics, so just PM or email me or reply if you would like some!

I love these series of basses, but I want a 5, so I'm getting a Spector 5. Makes sense!

2. No trades or offers sorry...

But interested in pix

Glenn

3. [​IMG]

It's a little big, sorry, but this is the general idea.

4. Bump!

Actually, could I get some offers from some people who might be interested in buying this bass if I made it available for sale?

Thanks!

5. offer.

Well just curious in any case.
    Any goodies? straps/straplox/strings/case/gig bag?

Glenn

6. Oh sorry about that.

Yeah, it comes with original Spector HSC, Schaller gold straplocks, has brand new Ernie Ball Slinkies on it (for about a week now). I'll probably throw in the Levy's Leather strap, depending on what kind of bass I get instead.

7. Bump! It's for sale! Make offers. :)

8. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    man, i was wondering what it looked like...that's really sweet. i was finally able to try one out (a newer non-aguilar equipped one) in the black/blue burst, and jeez, was it sweet. if i were to get another 4 stringer, this would be it. awesome bass...and a bump for ya ;)

9. I gotta green CFM 5 . Was orginally looking for a green 4 stringer. Does the 2001 have the aguilar pre amp?

10. I believe the Aggy preamps were new for 2003. Mine has the Spector preamp w/ the active EMG's, but people I've talked to who's have the Aggy say there's not a huge difference.

11. I could throw in some extra bucks for the lack of the Aggy if that'd help sway your decision some. I really like that green stain.

12. phogchris

phogchris www.scarsoflife.com

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
  13. Chris, again, if that Bossa is the one in your thread, I believe we have a deal. That thing is incredible. I love basses that have a different type of style to them (like my '88 Charvel B3 bass, in fire crackle). So, yeah. If you could get me a few more pics we could move forward. I'm really hesistant, because I know how Spectors play and feel, and that's what I want, but if the action and width etc.. is the same or similar, it'd be fine.

Thanks.

14. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    I have a green Czech 5 2003, and it has the Aggy OBP-1. The Aggy gives clearer highs and a hotter signal from what i've experienced-you can't cut though, only boost. Good luck with your new bass djphil!

15. I think you've got that backwards - the Aggies were stopped in 2003, replaced by the Spector EQ.

My Czech 5 is older, and has the Aggie. The newer ones for sale now (Euro-5, 4) have the Spector tone circuit.

Like NS5-CRFM = Aggie
    Euro5 = Spector

16. Yeah I emailed them about it, and that's right. I just didn't bother changing it. Mine actually has an EMG preamp.

17. Thanks for the offers so far guys. I'm looking to get a 5-er mostly, as opposed to 4's. So if you have a trade offer, keep that in mind please. Thanks!

Also- I'm willing to let it go for $900. I think it's a pretty good market price with OHSC and it's condition. If it got right down to it, shipping would be included in that.

18. phogchris

phogchris www.scarsoflife.com

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    Have any interest in the Bossa, I still have it!!

-Chris

19. Thanks again for the offer man. If I had something else to offer, or had the money to buy it outright, I definitely would. I got an NS5 about 2 weeks ago, amber finish, and am in hog heaven with it.