1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD SPECTOR NS5XL-FLAMED MAPLE-BURLED REDWOOD FEELER

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by deichman, Mar 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deichman

deichman

Jun 1, 2003
    Kansas
    This is a feeler. The price range is $3,500.

I am the original purchaser of this bass. I custom ordered it including "hand picking" the top and back woods from a very limited selection. See below.

This thread was closed over three years ago. Here's a link to the original:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/spector-ns5xl-feeler-flamed-maple-burled-redwood-627890/

Current list price information as follows:

NS-5XL™! ! ! 35”! EMG 40DC! Spector 18v! 1.81”! ! $ 6299.00

Plus:

Exotic Top such as Premium Buckeye Burl over Walnut! ! ! ! ! $ 999.00-This bass has a custom top and back.

High Gloss finish!! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! $ 999.00

Other Custom Options! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! This bass has a flamed maple core. Price currently......who knows but at least $1,000 if they'll do it.

At that time I couldn't get anywhere near the value of this bass. Perhaps I'll find this to be true again today due to this crazy economy. With that said, this is a feeler as I'm not giving this bass away. I have a Ken Smith listed on TB and there's been little activity so I'm testing the waters on this bass again. I unexpectedly owe a rather large sum of money for taxes and irons in the fire for revenue are getting cold, so I must raise some revenue. I have to list a price per the rules so let's say this is a feeler for $3,500. If anyone's interested, please PM me. The bass condition is the same as is in the images shown here as it's not left the house. No gigging and very little use in the home.

Thank you. Dave

b2b661ba.
    tattoofeb2009003.
    tattoofeb2009005.
    tattoofeb2009007.
    tattoofeb2009008.
    tattoofeb2009009.
    tattoofeb2009010.
    tattoofeb2009012.
    tattoofeb2009014.
    tattoofeb2009015.
    tattoofeb2009016.
    tattoofeb2009017.
    tattoofeb2009018.
    tattoofeb2009019.
    tattoofeb2009020.
    tattoofeb2009021.
    tattoofeb2009023.
    tattoofeb2009024.
    tattoofeb2009025.
    tattoofeb2009026. [/QUOTE]

2. austentaciousC

austentaciousC

Mar 17, 2010
    Wow!

3. deichman

deichman

Jun 1, 2003
    Kansas
    Here's some info. from the original post:

The top and back are the 75-100 year old water cured burled redwood and it has a flamed maple core and a high gloss finish. The original list for this bass was close to $9,000, crazy!

For complete disclosure:

Notable blemishes on the bass are a finish dent on headstock, small finish dent on back side of lower body wing near edge, scratches on front left upper body wing near bridge, scratch to the right of the bridge, and finish chips/scratches by the very end of the bridge over maple neck through. Other than that the B-string side of the bridge brass has some wear and one of the Gotoh tuners has a dent in the round cap cover. All of these were hard to capture with my camera. This bass is beautiful and has not been played much or abused at all. The frets show that, as well as the rest of the bass. It just has a few "love bites".

4. deichman

deichman

Jun 1, 2003
    Kansas
    I've had a few PM' s asking about trades. Not ruling that out but right now seeing what this feeler results in.

All PM's answered.

5. Holy crap. Excuse me while I go change my pants....

6. NiteFury

NiteFury Supporting Member

May 12, 2010
    Akron, Oh
    Dude, do you need a kidney? Seriously if i find a bag of money this is mine.

7. brotherbassj

brotherbassj

Sep 20, 2008
    Virginia
    Jim Dunlop USA, King Kong Cases, Golden Eagle Energy Drink
    OUTSTANDING BASS

8. ynot12

ynot12 Supporting Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Elk Grove Village, IL
    The flames in the center are pretty cool!

9. deichman

deichman

Jun 1, 2003
    Kansas
    Thanks for the comments guys. Yes it's quite a beautiful bass. That flamed maple is much more intense in person. Took a little persuasion to get Spector to do that but that's what I wanted and I got it! Sunday bump.

10. Damian Coccio

Damian Coccio Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2002
    USA
    Endorsing Artist: Fodera Guitars
    Somebody needs to buy this bass. Honest, great guy to deal with.

11. deichman

deichman

Jun 1, 2003
    Kansas
    Thanks nuwavedc. That goes both ways.

12. deichman

deichman

Jun 1, 2003
    Kansas
    Bump

13. deichman

deichman

Jun 1, 2003
    Kansas
    I forgot to mention that I added recessed strap locks. Professionally installed and awesome. Ill add pics later.

14. deichman

deichman

Jun 1, 2003
    Kansas
    Bump

15. deichman

deichman

Jun 1, 2003
    Kansas
    Bump

16. deichman

deichman

Jun 1, 2003
    Kansas
    Bump

17. deichman

deichman

Jun 1, 2003
    Kansas
    Just played this bass for the first time in quite a while. I'll figure something else out. This guitar is officially off the market. Too amazing and too special to let go.

CLOSED!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.