spector or pedulla

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by A Rock, Jun 8, 2003.

1. A Rock

A Rock

Mar 18, 2001
    New Haven, CT
    spector rebop or pedulla rapture?
    what should i get and why? havent played either.
  2. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Isn't the re-bop cheaper than the pedulla?
    Spector has some nicer stuff.

You will get the Spector.
  3. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

Pedulla 100%, I owned a few Pedullas and a few Spectors, the Pedullas are far better in tone and construction IMNSHO.
  4. twiz

Jun 4, 2003
    Los Angeles
    i played the LOW LOW end spector (Q4?) at a guitar store the other day. i a/b'd it with about 15 other ibanez's, fender's, dean's, etc and i was really impressed with the tone. nice emg pickups, nice neck with satin finish, great looking body finishes

the fretwork was...hrmm...mediocre, but this was a $400 guitar, i'd imagine the phat ones are really top notch instruments
  5. A Rock

A Rock

Mar 18, 2001
    New Haven, CT
    pedulla will cost 400 more
  6. By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    I you haven't played either of the basses mentioned above, then you should before you make a decision.
    They are both very different basses.
  7. inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    like by-tor said, try them out. i personaly like the sound of spector, mm and warwick and think they are nice basses but i dont like to play them. btw i just traded my warwick for a pedulla and am happy with the trade.
  8. Not too long ago I went out shopping to buy a Spector and came home with 2 Pedulla's because I was so floored by them. They are everything I want in a bass.
  9. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Someone has LOST his mind.;)
  10. babecker

Mar 7, 2002
    Sykesville, MD
    This is completely unrelated, but, PollyBass, are you wearing a hair net in your avatar pic? A beret? Seriously, what the hell's going on above your head there?

11. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    That would be the "French Mop".
  12. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    This is a no brainer. Pedulla.
  13. Copycat

Copycat Supporting Member

Nov 14, 2000
    Pittsburgh, PA, USA
    I've owned both. Sold both. Bought another Rapture because I missed it the moment I sold the first one. Can't say the same for the Spector.

To me, the Rapture has the "feel" of a Jazz neck in a lighter, more player friendly instrument. Action is way low and neck is way fast. The Spector I had, which was a Czech model, felt more "guitar-like" to me--probably the neck radius/shape was not as much to my liking. The Rapture is fun to play and inspires my musicality in a way no other bass has. Both Raptures that I've owned have been single soapbar models, and I've never felt a lack of tonal possibilities.

In addition to being a better made instrument IMO (although to be honest I must confess I've never played a US Spector), Pedulla comes with Christine in customer service and the very customer-centric Michael Pedulla philosophy. I've never owned a bass from a company that showed more interest in me and, whenever I had one, my problem (no matter how large or small), than Pedulla consistently has. Very high marks in that area.
  14. pedulla...duh!!~!! go to www.pedulla.com and check it out. They are the most personal busness ever. It has responces of people on their website. I wrote in a while back telling them how much i loved them, and they put me on it. It randomly genorates a responce, but if you see "Nick Hamlett", thats me!!~!! but yeah, e-mail them for a catalog. You will get a personalized letter that THEY wrote, and not a computer, and it is shipped first class. And about the price, this about it this way. id rather buy a expensive bass which is perfect and im going to be happy forever with, then a not so expensive bass, where i will need another in like 3 years, and have to buy another and end up spending more. Thats just my 2 cents (but pedulla man, trust me)

- w00t
  15. Asaf

Jun 9, 2003
    well although i own a pedulla pentabuzz fretless
    and i think it's one of the most amazing basses i ever played, to your question i would answer buy the spector...don't kill me everybody !!
    but im not a big fan of the pedulla repture which you have mentioned...
  16. CS

Dec 11, 1999
    which is better than not having one in the first place
  17. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA

That was uncalled for.

Once again, I used something there CS, it's called humor, I know it's a hard thing to grasp sometimes. But it's worth the effort.